joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Banter

jburns

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For all the JB haters, most all winter forecast that we all love is exactly what jb has been saying. Evendors if u don't like him look it up. So let the bashing begin. I know broke clock right twice a day. No credit for the man that said 7 months ago in advance exactly what most of the winter forecasts are saying now.

I can say.. JB was still predicting the ULL to cut up through Virginia within a day of it coming down this way.  I do like his actual Winter forecast though.  Hopefully you check out his daily videos.  Outside of a bit of rambling, I think his info is a lot more sound these days than before weatherbell.  He does still have a NE bias though.  Maps showing accumulating snow around these parts and he doesn't say too much about it.

Well if we needed any more proof this would be like 09/10 this winter the fact that the midlands of SC got snow while just west of the mountains got nothing says we can take it to the bank.

:lol:  It might be the only frozen precipitation I see all winter   :P  

Model back on a manageable time schedule after the time changes! Thank goodness.

What a perfect day  :D  

I got to enjoy the first fire of the season, while watching snow fall outside my window, football on the tv and an extra hour of sleep tonight  :wub:  

About one weekend a month, I make the the round trip between Raleigh and Thomasville. I know the route so well, I can tell you where gas is usually the cheapest on 40/85(in my experience it's around Trollingwood rd, just before Burlington).

Anyway, today I made the trip and I can tell you the leaves are just absolutely beautiful. It turned a very ho-hum interstate trip into something awesome! The highlights were I-40 thru Orange and Durham Counties, and I-85 just past Greensboro and after the old 85 split. 

God, I love this time of year..

About one weekend a month, I make the the round trip between Raleigh and Thomasville. I know the route so well, I can tell you where gas is usually the cheapest on 40/85(in my experience it's around Trollingwood rd, just before Burlington).

Anyway, today I made the trip and I can tell you the leaves are just absolutely beautiful. It turned a very ho-hum interstate trip into something awesome! The highlights were I-40 thru Orange and Durham Counties, and I-85 just past Greensboro and after the old 85 split. 

God, I love this time of year..

Thanks for the tip!

As a guy who lives in ENC, but go to school in WNC, I make cross-state trips on I-40 very often. I drove to home and back last weekend and leaves were gorgeous along with epic sunset. This state is truly beautiful :)

For all the JB haters, most all winter forecast that we all love is exactly what jb has been saying. Evendors if u don't like him look it up. So let the bashing begin. I know broke clock right twice a day. No credit for the man that said 7 months ago in advance exactly what most of the winter forecasts are saying now.

My post was deleted earlier. Pretty ridiculous in a banter thread. JB sucks, the event yesterday doesn't validate his forecast. He may be right in the end but he predicts cold and snowy every year. There is no skill in that. He's an entertainer with a met degree also his climate change views are a disgrace to science. I'm not sure why your so stuck on JB. He doesn't give a flip about the SE. He has an all encompassing NE and cold bias. Also my choice of words for you was muchc harsher the first time but the mods protected you from the truth.

My post was deleted earlier. Pretty ridiculous in a banter thread. JB sucks, the event yesterday doesn't validate his forecast. He may be right in the end but he predicts cold and snowy every year. There is no skill in that. He's an entertainer with a met degree also his climate change views are a disgrace to science. I'm not sure why your so stuck on JB. He doesn't give a flip about the SE. He has an all encompassing NE and cold bias. Also my choice of words for you was muchc harsher the first time but the mods protected you from the truth.

If you make your point without the, "sucking dick" references it will stay.  If not the, "protection" will continue.  Banter thread or not.

Posted this in the mountain thread but figured I would post it here too.  I have been working on this for the past month and finally got it finished up today.  I tried to cover the leaves changing in some of WNC's best places through time-lapse so I hope you guys enjoy!  Oh and make sure you put it in 1080p!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOL40Dx5IAQ

Posted this in the mountain thread but figured I would post it here too.  I have been working on this for the past month and finally got it finished up today.  I tried to cover the leaves changing in some of WNC's best places through time-lapse so I hope you guys enjoy!  Oh and make sure you put it in 1080p!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOL40Dx5IAQ

Very cool, can you tell me me what kind of equipment and technique you used?

Archived