SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
November Obs

jburns

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...RECORD DAILY MAXIMUM SNOWFALL SHATTERED AT ST CLOUD MN...

...RECORD DAILY MAXIMUM SNOWFALL FOR ANY NOVEMBER DAY ALSO EASILY
SURPASSED...

A RECORD SNOWFALL OF 13.2 INCHES WAS SET AT ST CLOUD MN YESTERDAY.
THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 4.3 INCHE SET BACK IN 1946.

IN ADDITION...THIS 13.2 INCH SNOWFALL EASILY RETIRES THE OLD RECORD
FOR ANY 24 HOUR SNOW EVENT AT ST CLOUD IN NOVEMBER...WHICH WAS 12.0
INCHES SET ON NOVEMBER 21, 1898.

Front is basically stationary over the mountains right now. Still at 57 here.

It doesn't look like the cold air will actually make it over the mountains to me.  I'm not meteorologist, but I was wondering why the front was back in Tennessee two days ago, but it wasn't going to get colder until Friday.  Per usual, the cold air will move east over the shorter mountains in the northeast, then when our winds finally shift to the northeast, we will start cooling down.  It looks like that is sometime tomorrow night.   Usually the colder air makes it to the highest of elevations in along the North Carolina and Tennessee border at this point, but it hasn't.  The cold air must be extremely shallow all the way back through West Tennessee and Arkansas.

It doesn't look like the cold air will actually make it over the mountains to me.  I'm not meteorologist, but I was wondering why the front was back in Tennessee two days ago, but it wasn't going to get colder until Friday.  Per usual, the cold air will move east over the shorter mountains in the northeast, then when our winds finally shift to the northeast, we will start cooling down.  It looks like that is sometime tomorrow night.   Usually the colder air makes it to the highest of elevations in along the North Carolina and Tennessee border at this point, but it hasn't.  The cold air must be extremely shallow all the way back through West Tennessee and Arkansas.

I think you're right about the shallow cold air.

Really lame cool down here today...loll..sitting at 63 at the house, while its 41 and overcast at KOKV.

When I looked at the leaves in the N ATL suburbs of Dunwoody and Sandy Springs late yesterday, my impression was that it was near a peak. I thought they looked petty bright and colorful. I'd grade them at least up at a B level. Any other opinions about the leaves?

When I looked at the leaves in the N ATL suburbs of Dunwoody and Sandy Springs late yesterday, my impression was that it was near a peak. I thought they looked petty bright and colorful. I'd grade them at least up at a B level. Any other opinions about the leaves?

We went out last night to enjoy them one last time.  I would say we reached peak in my neck of the woods Tuesday or Wednesday and I would give everything an A.  The oaks are more colorful than normal so that pushes this autumn above others.  The hickories take the cake however.

Archived