• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Oct 31 - Nov 1 Winter Wx Event Obs

Carvers Gap

I hit the Skyway around 2:30pm.  By about Indian Boundary it was a winter wonderland.  I found an overlook up a little ways from there that was perfect for the kids to play.  I wanted to venture up some more but several people were saying it was rough near the state line, cars stuck, etc.  It was fun to see this November 1st!

Had around 5" at noon today, which was the highest on the ground at any point. I awoke at 5:30 to around 1.5". Heavier snow began falling at 7:00 and did not let up until 11:00 as that nice southwesterly band paralleling the mountains dumped. NWFS has kept at least flurries falling much of the afternoon and evening with heavier bursts mixed in. I'm situated at roughly 1,925 feet. 

Walking around town today was an adventure. Numerous trees have fallen, and the persistent creaking and cracking noises suggested more were falling. Never lost power, fortunately, but it flickered much of the morning.

Upper lows defy climo and everything else if you get caught underneath them. If it had been more West even the Central and Southern Valley would have cashed in like South Carolina.

I hope this is the start of a good season. My last snow of this magnitude in the Halloween timeframe was 1993. I had flakes from Sandy but 1993 broke contain from the highest elevations like this one did. Winter of 1993-94 was very cold and pretty snowy here.

Archived