joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Florida Dry Season 2014/2015

ocala

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where you at for the year? I'm at 55 plus.

Including yesterday I'm at 56.95 thanks to the incredible 9.18 January (5.80 in one day and my largest daily of the year) that helped this total.

Depending on what source you reference my town generally can expect 53 and change per year so in the plus in that regard.

Bust. .10 overnight

Yeah dont think that cold air pushed as far south as it was showing with the last storm. And the most important aspect the greater ul dynamics to the north. Which the end result of most of the rain to the N.

Tomorrow looks dry its tuesday before the rain comes in along this front and s/w just before thanksgiving. If the FL pen.. gets a good soaking its going to be along the stalled front with disturbances in the sjt that will give NC,TN,VA,DC snow for turkey day.

FLweather how much you have in the bucket? I'm at 3.65 as I write this but that's from a tipper gauge which under reports in heavy rain. I'l bet I'm over 4 at this point. Crappy day to deliver packages for sure but dam it was thundering all day with persistent heavy rain. Looks like this will continue for several more hours but   the heaviest is over for me but you have some heavy cells that are moving into Orlando metro soon.

FLweather how much you have in the bucket? I'm at 3.65 as I write this but that's from a tipper gauge which under reports in heavy rain. I'l bet I'm over 4 at this point. Crappy day to deliver packages for sure but dam it was thundering all day with persistent heavy rain. Looks like this will continue for several more hours but   the heaviest is over for me but you have some heavy cells that are moving into Orlando metro soon.

I just came here to say that you and FLweather MUST have racked up …… nice!

Ocala and Smog.

It started early with a light mist. Then been raining ever since. I have a standard wal mart rain gauge. Since it started raining good yesterday morning up too now @ 3am along with the fact of I dont know how much splash over but is was easly just over 5" more along the lines of 5.10" Emptied it out and its still raining. I know this lake behind my house is not above flood stage but would have had to come up about 3-4ft today.

Edit: Another .25" in the gauge as of 12:30pm. So roughly 5.35" for the system unless splash over occured. But I don't believe much spilled over looking at the lake.

Officially 5.06 in the bucket. Yeehaw!
My tipper gauge reported 4.26. That's a full .80 that it under reported but that's a design flaw in those types of gauges.
In generally light to moderate rains both my gauges are about .01 difference. It's the heavy rains that get skewed.
FLweather you should join Cocorahs.
Here's the link.
http://www.cocorahs.org/

Including yesterday I'm at 56.95 thanks to the incredible 9.18 January (5.80 in one day and my largest daily of the year) that helped this total.

Depending on what source you reference my town generally can expect 53 and change per year so in the plus in that regard.

With a couple runs in the bottom of the 8th ocala takes the lead over smog 60.55 - 56.95 :thumbsup:

Say goodbye to tropical season. Another slow year, unless you live in Bermuda.

Hard to believe it's been what, 9 years since a hurricane hit the Florida?

Trying to predict next years hurricane season is impossible atm. So much can change and hasn't changed just yet. Too early to say what side..  my personal guess for next trop season stands @ 50 50

Archived