Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Florida Dry Season 2014/2015

ocala

In a manner of speaking ...

Are you getting those invasive Cuban tree frogs? The ones that spit and jump 10 feet and leave poop like a rat on windowsills and outside furniture?

Well - they are all over west Gainesville. BUT -- 3 nights near 35 and suddenly I'm finding frog carcass everywhere (including on top of my security lights). Cold kills them on the spot apparently. So - Bring on 1963, 1976, 1983, 1985, 2011 ....  FREEZE forever!!!!!

I have never heard of those before. Plenty of green tree frogs, bull frogs and toads though. 

Weird they aren't down this way.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, radar is full of rain but a lot of virga unfortunately. DP's in the upper 50's but there must be a lot of dry air aloft. Radar precipitation amounts say I should be over an inch but only .12 so far in the bucket. I'll take anything at this point.  Very dusty around here. Need a good soaking.

Looks like you had a good time smog. Where's the fish?

No fish Mr. O. That would have required access to Lake Kissimmee and the only way that happens from the campground is via boat. No boat in the strangler band wagon. So much fun though just keeping up with the kids, keeping a fire going, preparing meals, and roaming around the place by day. Wildlife is in large abundance right inside the main camping area. We had two doe bed down for the night directly behind our set up. Many more tales to tell. 

Well most of N&C Florida should see some rain this afternoon as this cold front passes down from the north. Looks very cold for the time of year in the next couple of days - I bet that shall come as a shock to some of you. Also looks like being some strong storms around this afternoon just ahead of the squall line. Already 4 tornado reports in the Panhandle. 

Fairly potent line when it came through this afternoon. No tornado reports but wind gusts from the Jax office ranged from the mid 40's to 67 mph. .91 in the bucket.
Full sun tomorrow but low 50's for a high with 15-20mph gusts. 27 for tomorrow night which is mighty chilly for mid November. Usually get those temps around xmas.

Fairly potent line when it came through this afternoon. No tornado reports but wind gusts from the Jax office ranged from the mid 40's to 67 mph. .91 in the bucket.

Full sun tomorrow but low 50's for a high with 15-20mph gusts. 27 for tomorrow night which is mighty chilly for mid November. Usually get those temps around xmas.

27? LOL you sure Ocala is in FL? 

I might squeeze 48 tomorrow night in Port Saint Lucie

Good rain finally here today... much needed not sure how much in the gauge but def did pour good with gusty winds a few claps of thunder. Hard to believe the changes taking place tonight. Was about 84 today with a high of 55 tomorrow. Will feel good.

We got them here too. Though haven't seen none since the weather has dryed up and temps have dropped some over the last month and half. Still have the green ones hopping around here tonight.    Yall got coyotes up there bad? I swear FWC or private citiizens need to start blasting them things. What ever method works... predator calls or treble hooks. I know thats what happen to my cat that disappear last week.

Here is a pic of one in the house on Oct 9 2014. Was just as big maybe a lil bigger that a regular pack of cigs. Greenish/brown with slight faded black charcoal markings/bands.

post-7245-0-16799200-1416288005_thumb.jp

Front just passed the Apopka area. MCO still reporting SW wind-- winds here have shifted to more westerly behind the surface trough axis then should shift again out the N/NW. 

Edit: Winds are now straight out the N around 1 am. So the HP is taking control-- surface and upper level trough axis has cleared.

Well Ive got to get the thermometor replaced.... or either something is very wrong with the situation. Its saying 42 on the porch with sprinkles. Am I still in NC? :axe:  :whistle:  Probably more along the lines of 48.

But 1.2" fell yesterday and ah damn its cold. I swear... this cold down here is different its a wet cold not a dry cold.

Lmao not many times you see MCO with 49 and rain falling on the NWS site. :bag:

Well Ive got to get the thermometor replaced.... or either something is very wrong with the situation. Its saying 42 on the porch with sprinkles. Am I still in NC? :axe:  :whistle:  Probably more along the lines of 48.

But 1.2" fell yesterday and ah damn its cold. I swear... this cold down here is different its a wet cold not a dry cold.

Lmao not many times you see MCO with 49 and rain falling on the NWS site. :bag:

It was like that up here this morning. 43 and freakin raining??  Just plain nasty.

I woke up this morning to .03 in the bucket. Today was gray and raw as advertised (although the forecast was a complete BUST yesterday) and what do I come home to with the passage of this front?

LOL .08

Yeah it's cold. However, mega BUST FTL on the rainfall forecast. I saw it happening last night but discussion kept telling me it was coming. 

NOT!

This from Jville's morning AFD.
Something tells me I won't see those rain totals here. To their credit they do say higher totals in SE Georgia.
We'ii see what the afternoon AFD has to say.

For tonight...strong dynamics in the
southwest flow aloft will help to enhance rainfall ahead of
northward moving warm front...with 2 day totals of 2-3 inches
expected through Sunday night with isolated higher totals
possible. Heaviest amounts will be across southeast Georgia. Warm front will
lift to the Florida/Georgia border by Sunday morning. Main impact tonight
will be widespread rainfall...heavy at times in some locations
although lack of rainfall this fall will prevent significant
flooding problems except for the usual locations. Severe weather
threat for developing supercell activity along and just south of
the warm front in the warm sector will increase slowly through the
day on Sunday with a slight risk of storms with damaging winds