• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OK/AR/KS/MO Winter 2014-15 Discussion

I will follow up on not jinxing it by mentioning certain unnamed models have been consistent the past several days showing this certain something, and the dates affected are remaining the same.

I'll third it by just remaining negative and pessimistic. Haha.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have been such negative Nancys all winter. It is good to at least see some humor back in the thread. Some of you sounded like you were on the edge of cliff earlier this month.  :facepalm:

A southern trend has started on the storm around Feb. 1 (at least on the GFS). Let's hope it is just a waffle and not the start of a permanent movement. 

Can anyone see the Euro ENS? How many show snow for this region? Just curious:)

Over the next.... 15 days?

This is not necessarily snow, but 'frozen' precip.

Control shows very little if anything....... But using 2+" as a guide..... 22 out of 51 or so have some frozen precip over parts of the area.  8 or 9 of those 22 are pretty big hits with hefty amounts. The area most impacted is NW AR out of those that do show frozen precip.

You have been such negative Nancys all winter. It is good to at least see some humor back in the thread. Some of you sounded like you were on the edge of cliff earlier this month.  :facepalm:

A southern trend has started on the storm around Feb. 1 (at least on the GFS). Let's hope it is just a waffle and not the start of a permanent movement. 

LOL the good ole facepalm picard is what I'm seeing there hahaha?!!!! Sorry I have been negative but I love winter and this season has plain sucked so far! BAH....ok back to your regularly scheduled programming! Sorry for the derailment guys, Im bored haha

LOL the good ole facepalm picard is what I'm seeing there hahaha?!!!! Sorry I have been negative but I love winter and this season has plain sucked so far! BAH....ok back to your regularly scheduled programming! Sorry for the derailment guys, Im bored haha

It's okay. I just thought at times that I needed your addresses so I could call 9-1-1. 

00z GFS looked awesome.

And the 12z Euro is dry and boring still. It seems to have a lot to do with a system in the northern stream and whether it phases with the SW low or not, the Euro has been bypassing it, while the GFS/GGEM has interaction with it today. 

Well, for a couple of runs the models had a glimmer of hope, it now looks like they've remembered what year it is and have backed off to no snow again.

Heck of a blizzard/snowstorm for the northeast showing up though. WPC has around 30" of snow as the 'worst case' type scenario around NYC. 

Well, for a couple of runs the models had a glimmer of hope, it now looks like they've remembered what year it is and have backed off to no snow again.

Heck of a blizzard/snowstorm for the northeast showing up though. WPC has around 30" of snow as the 'worst case' type scenario around NYC. 

My mom is in their first WSW now for 10-18" back in south jersey from monday pm to tuesday night sometime.......BOOOOOOO. Why the hell can we not get something, anything lol. I feel so snow deprived :(

I don't know when I've seen an uglier long range pattern on the GFS. Just no promise in site well into

February. I think even Heady's call for some active storminess and winter in February is in big trouble as well. Hate to say it but early spring this year guys and gals.

Yea its just a fluke of a winter season, Im ready for spring for sure. My moms blizzard warning back in jersey has been dropped and so has their totals for that storm....just crazy this year! At first she said they were calling for 10-18" now only up to 5 or 6" lol. Weathermen are having it tough for sure this season!

Archived