ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
Costal storm discussion 10-21-14 to 10-23-14

Allsnow

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That looks like some of the recent Monmouth winter storm specials. Too bad that isn't snow.

Yeh when I the euros evolution of a 1007 mb surface retrograde from a S on Montauk to a 997 center back towards Asbury you can't help but say dam wish this was Jan

Way less dry here this year. Especially with the July deluge. We had a pretty dry period between that and more recently but after last year it had minor effects on local vegetation. I was just up in Rhode Island and it is suuuuuper dry up there on par with what we had here last year.

This coming event looks a little on the lame side. Winds on the coast meh. I'll take some rain of course

Last week I thought this whole week would be cloudy and dreary but yesterday and today so far have been really nice, sunny and we clear out by Friday so most of this week will be salvaged and will also average above normal (68F right now). If I had to bet I'd say my area gets less than an inch with all of this and southern NJ is this region's jackpot zone at possibly 2-3". 

Archived