Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central US 2014-15 Winter Preseason Discussion

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty much a bust bombed out forecast here today from tulsa, anyone else get some snow or what was forecasted? We were in an advisory for 2-4 inches, then 1-3 etc etc. Had off and on snow showers but nothing serious and nothing more than a dusting here and there....looks like the bulk of this stuff today stayed just south of the area! Was nice to see though even though it wasnt much! I think this is the earliest I have seen snow in my 40 yrs though that my brain can remember.

Pretty much a bust bombed out forecast here today from tulsa, anyone else get some snow or what was forecasted? We were in an advisory for 2-4 inches, then 1-3 etc etc. Had off and on snow showers but nothing serious and nothing more than a dusting here and there....looks like the bulk of this stuff today stayed just south of the area! Was nice to see though even though it wasnt much! I think this is the earliest I have seen snow in my 40 yrs though that my brain can remember.

I got 3-4". Join us here in our regional thread.

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/44694-okarksmo-winter-2014-15-discussion/page-9

Verbatim the temp map looks a little weird for the west-central US. Unless the cold air comes from the Gulf, hard to imagine that Texas's average would be that cold while pretty much all points north of there, east to 90 W, are warm. That strike anyone else funny? I guess an excruciatingly zonal flow could make that happen, but still I would expect less of a cold anomaly that far south without some kind of N-S meridional flow.

Then again, we are talking worldwide computer simulations, so it probably needs some "fixing" to mesh with reality. Just guessing.

Archived