Newest Member
    joxey
October Banter

jburns

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/31/belichick-has-a-bone-to-pick-with-meteorologists/related/

“Based on the forecasts we’ve gotten so far this year, none of them were very close to what the game conditions were. There was a 100 percent chance of rain last week, and the only water I saw was on the Gatorade table,” Belichick said, via the Boston Globe.........

It was pointed out to Belichick that some meteorologists might take offense to his criticism.

“Look, I’m not saying I could do it better than them. I’m just saying they’re wrong a lot,” Belichick said. “That’s a fact. They’re wrong a lot.”

It is all about expectations. If climo says 0.2" and a Waycrossian gets double at 0.4", that Waycrossian should be thrilled to no end if he/she is a snowlover and also realizes they doubled their seasonal norm! If a Waycrossian can't be happy with 0.4", then he/she needs to move to Savannah. Climo is climo. A Waycrossian shouldn't expect to get snow like Savannah gets.

I bet Waycross' median is 0.0".

By the way, a Waycrossian should feel really good about how much higher is his/her average than, say, Orlando. See, it can always be much worse.

By the way, a Waycrossian should feel really good about how much higher is his/her average than, say, vs. Orlando. See, it can always be much worse.

I'm not sure (for me).  If I lived in Orlando, my mind wouldn't even cross the thought of snow during the winter because it's basically nearly impossible (once in a several decade event).  In Waycross, it's just enough of a possibility to torture the mind.

It is all about expectations. If climo says 0.2" and a Waycrossian gets double at 0.4", that Waycrossian should be thrilled to no end if he/she is a snowlover and also realizes they doubled their seasonal norm! If a Waycrossian can't be happy with 0.4", then he/she needs to move to Savannah. Climo is climo. A Waycrossian shouldn't expect to get snow like Savannah gets.

I bet Waycross' median is 0.0".

By the way, a Waycrossian should feel really good about how much higher is his/her average than, say, vs. Orlando. See, it can always be much worse.

Climo says 0.1".  A chihuahua taking a leak anywhere in town would wash away a full season of snow.

Archived