Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Banter

jburns

+ 100

I don't know how she made it 20+ years!

She belongs on Weathernation !!

Actually I probably do know how she has made it 20 years.  If you show up every time you're supposed to work, show continued improvement, no matter how small, you are ahead of 90% of other employees. It doesn't matter what the profession or position.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been a good weekend. Went to the pumpkin farm with my daughter and her preschool class Friday. That was a lot of fun and I didn't have to go to work. Got some great seats for the Garth Brooks concert in Greensboro. My son and daughter had their soccer games today, and then I mowed the lawn, hopefully for the last time until spring. Maybe Carolina can beat Georgia Tech tonight.

OK, I won't push my luck.

It's been a good weekend. Went to the pumpkin farm with my daughter and her preschool class Friday. That was a lot of fun and I didn't have to go to work. Got some great seats for the Garth Brooks concert in Greensboro. My son and daughter had their soccer games today, and then I mowed the lawn, hopefully for the last time until spring. Maybe Carolina can beat Georgia Tech tonight.

OK, I won't push my luck.

Doesn't matter bowl?  

Is there any correlation between a warm November and the following months of Dec-March?

No! There is no correlation between x month being hot or cold leading to y month being hot or cold! These are all coincidences! This October correlation crap is chance. Every year someone says October Siberia snow is off to a good start!

:):):D

No! There is no correlation between x month being hot or cold leading to y month being hot or cold! These are all coincidences! This October correlation crap is chance. Every year someone says October Siberia snow is off to a good start!

There are no coincidences, everything happens for a reason. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction! That's not a fig newton law, so it hasn't made it to Waycross yet!!

Your also saying all GaWx research is useless!?

I think it's invaluable and has proven that it's not just chance

Your also saying all GaWx research is useless!?

I think it's invaluable and has proven that it's not just chance

LOL, I wasn't being serious.

I'm still mad from the January snowstorm where we were at 33 and rain the whole time. It did sleet for a while, but we missed so much here.

GAwx is amazing. I love it when he includes Waycross in his posts.

LOL, I wasn't being serious.

I'm still mad from the January snowstorm where we were at 33 and rain the whole time. It did sleet for a while, but we missed so much here.

GAwx is amazing. I love it when he includes Waycross in his posts.

Thanks Peppermint Patty. Us Peppermint Patties always stick together! However, you're not as content a P. Patty lol.

On a higher end laptop, a refurb is a good way to go.

I was pricing out laptops the other day and spec'd Win7 on each one I configured. Yes, they charge you more (they know people are willing to pay the price), but as far as getting up and running with all my stuff just like it's working now, it sure makes it easier.

I manage about 700 computers between two schools. Both schools just had their technology retrofit and just got Win7. :-) We're on a 5-6 year cycle (5 year warranty) between the retrofits now, so who knows what they'll move to next time it comes around... I would absolutely DREAD pushing out Win8 to everyone.

I don't really understand much of anything Typhoon Tip says.

On a sadder note, DT is now predicting a nor'easter on October 22/23. :(

The nor'easter is not a good thing! That just means continued dryness and we are looking at a 10-15+ day dry spell . No rain since the 14th and none in the foreseeable future!

I don't really understand much of anything Typhoon Tip says.

On a sadder note, DT is now predicting a nor'easter on October 22/23. :(

I saw that as well. Glancing at the 12 GFS, the storm does not look to effect us much. It really doesn't look that bad even for the NE. It would develop somewhere off of the MA/NE coast. We have to get some storms this time of year and this one doesn't look the "Big" storm we're trying to avoid.

CR,

What the heck happened to Chuck? P. Patty may lose her contentedness soon. :( Please bring back Chuck! P. Patty would be so relieved!

Unfortunately, Chuck is gone.  I don't think he'll be back until some bright autumn day in 2015.  We're getting close to game time, so pretty soon, the Enterprise will return and the world will be back to normal, heading into winter.  There might be a few more random appearances first, though. :)

Unfortunately, Chuck is gone.  I don't think he'll be back until some bright autumn day in 2015.  We're getting close to game time, so pretty soon, the Enterprise will return and the world will be back to normal, heading into winter.  There might be a few more random appearances first, though. :)

Are you the Great Pumpkin?? Linus needs to know.

I saw that as well. Glancing at the 12 GFS, the storm does not look to effect us much. It really doesn't look that bad even for the NE. It would develop somewhere off of the MA/NE coast. We have to get some storms this time of year and this one doesn't look the "Big" storm we're trying to avoid.

It's not a snowstorm so it doesn't matter.  Only big northeast snowstorms ruin our winters. 

So if anyone remembers all my b*tching about living in Fayetteville, I finally found a job in RTP and was able to move woot! Living now near The Streets at Southpoint in a complex off Fayetteville Rd in Durham. I've heard Durham and Fayetteville are kind of similarly bad, but so far Durham seems *much* nicer.

So if anyone remembers all my b*tching about living in Fayetteville, I finally found a job in RTP and was able to move woot! Living now near The Streets at Southpoint in a complex off Fayetteville Rd in Durham. I've heard Durham and Fayetteville are kind of similarly bad, but so far Durham seems *much* nicer.

Congrats dude, that's awesome!  You're definitely better off.

Archived