• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
October Obs

jburns

It's going to be some time for many; especially folks in the eastern zones. I think for RDU it's going to be around 6am or so until the real cool air gets in. So basically a warm night. You can see where the front is right now by looking at the current surface winds:

http://hint.fm/wind/

I haven't seen that before. Thats a cool map!

Yeah, everything seems to have slowed down.. I see where its already in the 40s in Chicago and Indianapolis with NW winds gusting over 30....sounds good to me!!

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Temp has been pretty steady here... around 73 all day, but in the last 6+ hours, the humidity has gone from 88% to 29% and the DP has gone from 72° to 39°.  It's felt totally different each time I've gone outside today. Fascinating, weather is.

Temp has been pretty steady here... around 73 all day, but in the last 6+ hours, the humidity has gone from 88% to 29% and the DP has gone from 72° to 39°.  It's felt totally different each time I've gone outside today. Fascinating, weather is.

not quite here yet but the wind has picked up quite a bit the last hr, I need it to go ahead and get in here trying to grill out and then do the fire pit for smores with the kids later the steady wind will make that no fun

High today of 64.6 F.  At midnight.  It's 61.3 F outside right now with a stiff breeze.  How low can we go tonight?  I'm hoping for mid-30s, 35-37 F.  GSP is forecasting 38 F for MBY, but I'm often a degree or two cooler being on the outskirts of town.

The temperature bottomed out at 36.6 F here IMBY.  Right on the money.  This is chilly.  You forget how it feels over the summer, but it's quite the shock to the system.  No frost to report. 

The temperature bottomed out at 36.6 F here IMBY.  Right on the money.  This is chilly.  You forget how it feels over the summer, but it's quite the shock to the system.  No frost to report. 

It's a respectably cold temp for so early...especially since there is frost around in spots. Got down to 35.8 here. I figured it would be about 38 so a little cooler than thought. Frost is quite prevalent in the low areas in the pasture and the low end of the yard.   Local news just showed frost in the cumming area which is not far from atlanta so plenty of cold spots.

Check that.  I should have actually walked around rather than just peak out the windows and doorways first.  While it's hard to see any frost on the ground, the rooftops are quite frosted over this morning.  Awesome!  First frost of the season on October 5.

It's a respectably cold temp for so early...especially since there is frost around in spots. Got down to 35.8 here. I figured it would be about 38 so a little cooler than thought. Frost is quite prevalent in the low areas in the pasture and the low end of the yard.   Local news just showed frost in the cumming area which is not far from atlanta so plenty of cold spots.

Impressive temperature for Athens, GA, being so much further south of my locale here.

Archived