joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October Obs

jburns

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's an ob.  I decided to check the rain gauge on top of my Vantage Pro II, because it seemed a bit slow to register the pitiful amount of rain I just received. That happens now and then when a leaf, or something more gross lays over the hole in the bottom.  Twisted it off and was attacked by thousands of ants.  Full colony in there, eggs and all.  After a short intense battle that included, water boarding some of the ants on the tipping collector and a full scale chemical weapon attack, it is once again a fully functional weather station. 

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.  Total from that line of showers.  0.02.

Here's an ob.  I decided to check the rain gauge on top of my Vantage Pro II, because it seemed a bit slow to register the pitiful amount of rain I just received. That happens now and then when a leaf, or something more gross lays over the hole in the bottom.  Twisted it off and was attacked by thousands of ants.  Full colony in there, eggs and all.  After a short intense battle that included, water boarding some of the ants on the tipping collector and a full scale chemical weapon attack, it is once again a fully functional weather station. 

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.  Total from that line of showers.  0.02.

I had ants short out my Davis vantage pro ISS a few years back. I now have a less reliable Vue ISS instead.

Oh, AND PUT ME DOWN FOR A "T". THE ROAD IS NOW A LITTLE DAMPER.

I wish the cooler air would get the hell in here!  Sorta gross outside right now. 77/70.

It's going to be some time for many; especially folks in the eastern zones. I think for RDU it's going to be around 6am or so until the real cool air gets in. So basically a warm night. You can see where the front is right now by looking at the current surface winds:

http://hint.fm/wind/

Archived