Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October 2014

Rtd208

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No more below normal days in sight. Looks mild the rest of the month and could see +3 or better this month. Even with the coastal effects temperatures on those days will be near normal as mins will be held higher due to cloud cover.

November is also heading warm and chances of 70 or better are still there. I think JB called for all this warmth and very late freezes and models called for a warm October and November so in that sense everything seems to be on schedule.

Despite the strong trough pattern over the Great Lakes and Midwest this month so far, the

more +EPO type pattern wasn't able to supply much cold air. Just looking at the

500 mb map would have suggested colder temps here than the +3.1 at NYC.

It's interesting that the persistent -EPO weakened this month right

as we saw the lowest AO since March 2013.

You have any numbers after the decimal point? I bottomed out at 32.5F, so unfortunately I guess just missed an official freeze, though widespread frost everywhere. Latest end to growing season in awhile this year.

Oct 20, 2014 9:39 AM
As reported at:  High Technology HS
mercury.gif
Temp

43.2°F

2mph

Hi: 43°F
Lo: 32°F
Rain: 0.00"
Gust: NNW 8

Wind Chill43°F
Humidity: 66%
Sunrise: 7:12 AM
Sunset: 6:09 PM

Possible . I took my low from the Technology HS right off PHALANX .

Let's just hope the EPO turns negative again as we approach winter.

From everything I've read it really does't matter what happens for the next few weeks whether it's warm or cold because it's meaningless. The key is what's happening beyond like the Eurasian snow cover for example. 

Looks like some of the key features to monitor will be the type of El Nino that we eventually see; west v.s. east based, whether we see significant cooling in the PDO regions, and the continuation of the Eurasian snow cover. It's kind of interesting how all this warmth now essentially transforms as we start heading deeper into the season and how the wave lengths and what goes on above eventually start to take real effect on us. 

I'd actually be more worried if October and November were cold and stormy. 

Another great weekendas we head into the middle of fall. Not sure but ominous signal next week for at least 2 day cold spell with first freeze and potential strong storm/winds nov 1 - 2. Looks back and forth beyond there (bias warmer than normal) for the start of November. Before then this week looks mold through Halloween.

Another great weekendas we head into the middle of fall. Not sure but ominous signal next week for at least 2 day cold spell with first freeze and potential strong storm/winds nov 1 - 2. Looks back and forth beyond there (bias warmer than normal) for the start of November. Before then this week looks mold through Halloween.

Does that mean the candy will be green on Halloween? :lmao:

if the last day of the month is cool and rainy it would be similar to the end of Oct. 1963...November 63 was on the mild side too... if this November is below average it will be the third straight November below average...last time that happened was 1995-96-97...

Lovely fall day with some pretty gusty winds making leaf cleanup a challenge for sure. Picked what will likely be the last pepper. Tomatoes all gone. Palms and other tropics still clinging on but time for the greenhouse this week as I suspect some chilly air next weekend will produce first widespread freezes.

Lovely fall day with some pretty gusty winds making leaf cleanup a challenge for sure. Picked what will likely be the last pepper. Tomatoes all gone. Palms and other tropics still clinging on but time for the greenhouse this week as I suspect some chilly air next weekend will produce first widespread freezes.

Can't wait for that hard freeze so we can get rid of these bugs and the rest of the ragweed.

Not much leaf-drop here, but I suspect we reach peak around Halloween foliage wise.

Archived