SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Ongoing Banter Thread

Carvers Gap

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started in August 1989 and went through the end of December 2001.

That 1988 storm will always be special to me. Probably the best winter storm I'll ever see. I'll never forget, being in 2nd grade then, the day before the event they closed school for the next day. It was really cold that day too, in the 20's the day before the event. 

That 1988 storm will always be special to me. Probably the best winter storm I'll ever see. I'll never forget, being in 2nd grade then, the day before the event they closed school for the next day. It was really cold that day too, in the 20's the day before the event.

Yo. Is Cam going to play again this year? Bet they have to sit him (more than just this game) with that back. Playoffs still within reach.

How crazy is that? Heard it on the radio in the way to work and was like, "Huh?" But they can according to the Sports Animal. Like QCity says, depends on this weekend's game as to whether he plays. I like Newton. That was a nasty inury in that wreck.

Here is the playoff picture:

post-6441-14183992782.jpg

Atlanta and New Orleans will play each other again which will probably decide the winner of this crappy division.

Does it really matter if anyone from that division gets in?? lol

Yes! That means the Cowboys won't make it! Lol

Ok, so I am 50/50 on this next storm progged for the time period around the 19th or 20th. When I say 50/50 it means I think there is a 50% chance or either rain...........................or a 50% chance of thunderstorms. haha

Trending toward a Lakes Cutter on the Euro and GFS. Probably won't get snow until our teleconnections change. Have we ever had a Lightning Christmas?

Trending toward a Lakes Cutter on the Euro and GFS. Probably won't get snow until our teleconnections change. Have we ever had a Lightning Christmas?

I am ok with a cutter or two if it will shake up the Atlantic.  I am not sure, but confident we have had as many storms on Christmas as we have had snow/ice though I am too busy to look something like that up.   :)

I am ok with a cutter or two if it will shake up the Atlantic. I am not sure, but confident we have had as many storms on Christmas as we have had snow/ice though I am too busy to look something like that up. :)

Yeah I'm hoping that one of these storms can cut up the Lakes and bring down cold air and then become a 50/50 low for the next storm to roll through. That may be our only chance for the next few weeks. I'm okay with that though because we all knew that most of December would be mild.

After reading, it says that Seattle makes the playoffs over Dallas because they have a better winning percentage in the NFC than Dallas, and it ignores head to head results.

But New England is listed as the #1 seed in the AFC because it beat Denver head to head, though it has a worse winning percentage in the AFC, 7-2 vs 8-1. 

This makes less than 0 sense to me.

Here is the playoff picture:

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1418399277.138867.jpg

Atlanta and New Orleans will play each other again which will probably decide the winner of this crappy division.

Yes! That means the Cowboys won't make it! Lol

Even if Atlanta is beaten by New Orleans the next tiebreaker would be division record which the Falcons are 4-0.  About the only way New Orleans will jump Atlanta is if they can come up with a better record.  A tie at the end of the season isn't likely to get it done based on tiebreakers. 

With both teams at 9-4, the Cowboys technically being tied for 1st in their division while Seattle is second in theirs, and with the Cowboys having a head to head win over Seattle, how are they behind them in the playoff standings?

The Cowboys and Eagles play this weekend,some good football coming up.Even though my Jaguars are like, done..lol

Unless I am losing my mind...the divisional winners make the playoffs. Being a 1/2 game out in your division is all that matters, especially since that division prob won't earn a WC birth. So, overall NFC standings don't really matter. They need some help, but the Panthers have more than a mathematical chance. Though, with CM out, seems unlikely. I just think it's wild that they are even in the mix.

Archived