• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Coastal Storm September 25-26th.

IsentropicLift

I thought a nor'easter simply needed to produce sustained gale force winds for at least 6 hours and have a surface low. 

A nor'easter is nothing more than a coastal storm with wind and rain. It really doesn't have defined criteria. Generally it would have some fairly strong winds from the northeast and at least moderate to heavy rain to qualify

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems more tropical than anything else.

A nor'easter is nothing more than a coastal storm with wind and rain. It really doesn't have defined criteria. Generally it would have some fairly strong winds from the northeast and at least moderate to heavy rain to qualify

You know as well as I do that a true nor'easter produces wind and snow, not wind and rain. ;)

A nor'easter is a coastal storm (non tropical)with predominantly NE winds often producing heavy bouts of precipitation. It doesn't mention anything about temps during, how long it lasts, or how strong the storm is. I think this would qualify if it happens as depicted.

I agree in hindsight, here are the 10m winds, they shift around to the southeast for NYC-south. So I guess it's more or less a inland cutter on the 4kNAM. It is still shadey tho. If this happens, please give me more +AMO/+NAO, lol. At least during the early fall.

wind51.gif

Meteorology, not modelology.

But if we are talking about climate models, it is the opposite, lol.

Those are some big qpf jumps on the euro the last three runs.

That's because they work in a totally different way than day to day weather models. It's apples and oranges. Just because something has the word "model" in front of it doesn't mean they function similarly.

Archived