ChicagoGuy
Predict the Date: First Bonafide Nor'Easter of the Season

Rtd208

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Imperator

Upton ain't buying what it selling...has sunny for the next 7 days

The GGEM is a garbage model, it needs a lot of work and I dont know why people even give it the undeserved attention, How can you trust something that in almost every instance develops something that in reality doesn't exist or overdevelops something that exists on a  much lesser scale.

The GGEM is a garbage model, it needs a lot of work and I dont know why people even give it the undeserved attention, How can you trust something that in almost every instance develops something that in reality doesn't exist or overdevelops something that exists on a  much lesser scale.

If you want to talk about the system it has at 240 hours then I agree with you 100%. Here we're talking day 3 with a system that nearly every model develops. If you look at the GGEM it's a matter of timing and trajectory, nothing more, nothing less.

Guest Imperator

If you want to talk about the system it has at 240 hours then I agree with you 100%. Here we're talking day 3 with a system that nearly every model develops. If you look at the GGEM it's a matter of timing and trajectory, nothing more, nothing less.

Im speaking more about internsity. Ive seen in almost every case inside 72 hours the GGEM overdevelops lows  when  reality a more minor system exists.

This was a nor'easter no matter how weak. There's no set definition besides a non tropical coastal having NE winds unless the winds werent NE with this.

Is this a bonafide nor'easter? So I'm assuming a strong coastal with long duration wind and precip with moderate coastal flooding or greater is what people mean then I guess not.

This was a nor'easter no matter how weak. There's no set definition besides a non tropical coastal having NE winds unless the winds werent NE with this.

Is this a bonafide nor'easter? So I'm assuming a strong coastal with long duration wind and precip with moderate coastal flooding or greater is what people mean then I guess not.

It can't really be a nor'easter if its weak. While there's no criteria most people would agree on it needing at least some heavy rain/high winds/long duration or some combination. This had a couple decent wind gusts during period of heavier rain but certainly nothing to really make it a nor'easter since it's all but over

Oh stop it dude if you consider this a nor'easter your wrong just like accuweather was. I respectfully disagree this was just a little strm riding the coast. It barely has a low pressure and I'm sure it's not below 1000 millibars so how can that even be a nor'easter. I consider a nor'easter anything below a 1000 millibars.

It can't really be a nor'easter if its weak. While there's no criteria most people would agree on it needing at least some heavy rain/high winds/long duration or some combination. This had a couple decent wind gusts during period of heavier rain but certainly nothing to really make it a nor'easter since it's all but over

A stray cat pissing from a northeasterly direction was more of a Nor'easter than this was.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived