• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane Odile

I hope Josh has a good chase. I can just imagine how awesome the waves crashing on the rock formations at the tip of Cabo must look

Lovers cove had insane waves even under normal circumstances! And the wind is offshore there currently meaning you could hypothetically sit there and watch!

To bad josh isn't on here anymore I miss his play by plays

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i know it is beating a dead horse, but i hate that TWC is showing episodes of "how would you survive" and "fat guys in the woods" while a cat 3 is about to make landfall in cabo.  frustrating.

Even in this day and era, they probably still do not have the budget for trips outside the U.S.

I'm not so sure there won't be a damaging surge due to Odile's path. Granted, inclination is higher south of the Baja Penninsula; however, a shallow (7 meter) reef area makes up the Bahia and immediate coastline towards the eastern tip. The wind direction will be pushing water against the southern penninsula and the current should be blocked somewhat by the shape of Bahia San Lucas. Unfortunately, even a small surge may be quite damaging due to significant wave action on top. A 3 meter surge into the Cabo Marina and lower night district would be quite devestating.

post-845-0-01856600-1410744824_thumb.jpg

Archived