SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
OBS

jaxjagman

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the heavy convection to the south of us seems to have disrupted the moisture feed. Precip shield is dying out so much it may not do much more than flurry or sprinkle the rest of the day.

That also could be stopping WAA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big, fat beautiful flakes flying down right now. With the impending warm up this may be the last time it snows this year, though it's pretty early for that in my area.

Would like to hear some reports from Union Co. Some heavy returns set up there for a good hour. I caught the bottom of that burst of moisture and it was coming down pretty good for 10 min or so in Halls.

Would like to hear some reports from Union Co. Some heavy returns set up there for a good hour. I caught the bottom of that burst of moisture and it was coming down pretty good for 10 min or so in Halls.

It didn't reach my part of North Knoxville. I got some flurries out of it.

• 3 weeks later...

Down to 29 here as of now. Probably heading for 26 or 27. Kinda surprised with the freeze warnings, the freeze program probably shouldn't start until much later in the season. Normal low is 33 for my area this time of year with the average last freeze being in late April or very early May with the average last frost May 10th or so.

Frost and freeze program did start a little early this year. I heard some agricultural interests requested it after things got going during the early warmth. A few of the WFOs coordinated on starting up the program. Valley is greening up so we need to avoid hard freezes, but I see more frost and maybe a few light freezes at lower elevations. Hope blossoms are slower at higher elevations because it will freeze some more up there.

• 3 weeks later...

Thankfully, this morning's freeze was a bust here.  Woke up to 43.  One more night to go.  Hoping tonight won't be as cold as predicted either.  I did notice that they've changed my earlier predicted low of 28 tonight to 30.  Every degree helps. 

Thankfully, this morning's freeze was a bust here. Woke up to 43. One more night to go. Hoping tonight won't be as cold as predicted either. I did notice that they've changed my earlier predicted low of 28 tonight to 30. Every degree helps.

When I checked the SREF yesterday it said "what freeze?" Not a single member near 32, mean over 40 for TYS. Glad it turned out to be correct. Hopefully tonight is warmer than NWS is predicting as well like you said.

When I checked the SREF yesterday it said "what freeze?" Not a single member near 32, mean over 40 for TYS. Glad it turned out to be correct. Hopefully tonight is warmer than NWS is predicting as well like you said.

Think the wind and clouds saved us last night. Hard freeze warning for TRI tonight. Really hope those winds keep going as long as possible. If they go calm early enough tonight, we are in trouble at TRI.

Archived