SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
September Obs.

mackerel_sky

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

slow moving, back building storms in Charlotte between around 6:30-8:00pm yesterday caused probably the most intense thunder and lightning of the season.  Guage about a mile from my house in Plaza Midwood reported 3 inches. Lightning struck so close at one point that it actually made me jump while I was making dinner and was immediately followed by thunder.  surprisingly, the pup kept on playing as if nothing happened.

Better parameters setting up east of I-95 today maybe just maybe we can see better coverage of storms today in this part of the state.....yesterday was close half the county got hammered the other half not so much......actually all things considered its pretty unstable out just no shear to work with

Looks like SBcape of 3000 juuuust getting into Wake county and then east.  MLcape of 1500 for pretty much everyone.  LIs are -5 from the Triangle east, and Cape in the -10 - -30 zone is 400 over Wake county and east.  Lapse rates are sucking it up, and there is not much Dcape until you get toward the coast.  All in all, not too bad for 12:00 pm!

86/73 at RDU at 1:00 pm.  3000 SBcape creeping west and 2000 MLcape over a good portion of the area.  It's a bit steamy out.

yeah if we had any kinda shear today it would be rough, instead we will get slow moving pulse storms that bubble their way across the landscape. Good for those that get them bad for those that dont.

Also the sea breeze is a player today......I live in eastern Pitt Co that bodes well for me

Looks like all the action today is across the north and moving north.  Wonder if we'll get any development farther south?

Don't see much happening unless something forms with that outflow pushing N from down around Newton Grove, or the weaker one dropping down from the former Hillsborough cluster.

What's going to happen when those two outflows smack each other right over the KRAX RADAR site? It sure is fun to watch, even if nothing evolves. Yeah---- life is boring... it's either pulling weeds with mosquitoes, or watching radar scans in the comfort of the AC :D

What's going to happen when those two outflows smack each other right over the KRAX RADAR site? It sure is fun to watch, even if nothing evolves. Yeah---- life is boring... it's either pulling weeds with mosquitoes, or watching radar scans in the comfort of the AC :D

I will get a magnificent storm! :)

If you get done pulling weeds, come over here and help me pull some. I'll feed you some Bojangles and we can sit on the porch and watch the mosquitos after!

Archived