• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
September Obs.

mackerel_sky

Pretty nasty out, we got a lot of folks from Wisconsin down at the plant installing a new line and a bunch just went out to lunch and the HI is around 103-105  and they are not able to handle it well at all.

I just got back from a 3 mile run.  Not entirely sure I will go that far again on a day like this.  It is just miserable.  It almost aint worth it.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if it was the same storm you're talking about, but they did warn 2 this afternoon.

455 PM EDT TUE SEP 2 2014...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 530 PM EDTFOR NORTHWESTERN CUMBERLAND COUNTY...AT 454 PM EDT...DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A LINE OF SEVERETHUNDERSTORMS CAPABLE OF PRODUCING QUARTER SIZE HAIL AND DAMAGINGWINDS IN EXCESS OF 60 MPH. THESE STORMS WERE LOCATED ALONG A LINEEXTENDING FROM NEAR POPE AFB TO NEAR FORT BRAGG TO NEARFAYETTEVILLE...MOVING NORTHEAST AT 20 MPH.

and

321 PM EDT TUE SEP 2 2014THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN RALEIGH HAS ISSUED A* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...  CENTRAL CUMBERLAND COUNTY IN CENTRAL NORTH CAROLINA...* UNTIL 400 PM EDT* AT 321 PM EDT...DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM  CAPABLE OF PRODUCING QUARTER SIZE HAIL AND DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS  OF 58 MPH. THIS STORM WAS LOCATED NEAR FAYETTEVILLE...AND MOVING  NORTHEAST AT 10 MPH.

Sure hope something gets in here, be nice for my AC to shut off for a little while this week.....maybe some of these boundries will get something going, but right not its not looking to good to get these things east if I 95.....if not hopefully the boundries will help focus more storms tomorrow....in the meantime its stupid hot here right now..

95°F

35°C

• Humidity50%
  • Wind SpeedSW 8 mph
  • Barometer29.96 in
  • Dewpoint73°F (23°C)
  • Visibility7.00 mi
  • Heat Index105°F (41°C)

Last Update on 2 Sep 5:30 pm EDT

Sure hope something gets in here, be nice for my AC to shut off for a little while this week.....maybe some of these boundries will get something going, but right not its not looking to good to get these things east if I 95.....if not hopefully the boundries will help focus more storms tomorrow....in the meantime its stupid hot here right now..

95°F

35°C

• Humidity50%
  • Wind SpeedSW 8 mph
  • Barometer29.96 in
  • Dewpoint73°F (23°C)
  • Visibility7.00 mi
  • Heat Index105°F (41°C)
Last Update on 2 Sep 5:30 pm EDT</p>

That 105 is just brutal. We've finally cooled here. I hope you guys get something.

I've got several cells around me and one looks to be forming overhead. I haven't seen it this windy this long in a long time. Frequent gusts into the 40s.

Same here. Biggest wind I've seen in awhile. I almost couldn't see out the backyard. I moved the blinds and was just like WHOA. Awesome. Just drove to Food Lion and branches were in the roads everywhere. I was just telling my girlfriend a few hours ago how it's been too long since we've had a real good storm.

Thundering again.

Same here. Biggest wind I've seen in awhile. I almost couldn't see out the backyard. I moved the blinds and was just like WHOA. Awesome. Just drove to Food Lion and branches were in the roads everywhere. I was just telling my girlfriend a few hours ago how it's been too long since we've had a real good storm.

Thundering again.

That's awesome. Glad you guys cashed in!

That 105 is just brutal. We've finally cooled here. I hope you guys get something.

Whats brutal was the temperature at work last night at 7:30 when I hit the floor. This is INSIDE the building and the main reason I hate summers. The inside temps at work can be insufferable because its humid too.

IMG_20140902_193434_zpsf4ad632d.jpg

0.00". I mowed.

I haven't had to mow the lawn but once in the last month or so. It's been very dry here as the lookout screw zone has been in effect all summer. It has rained plenty, in some cases a lot, all around me but in typical fashion storms seemingly defy logic in how they miss me. I think storms must have a grudge against those who watch them.

I haven't had to mow the lawn but once in the last month or so. It's been very dry here as the lookout screw zone has been in effect all summer. It has rained plenty, in some cases a lot, all around me but in typical fashion storms seemingly defy logic in how they miss me. I think storms must have a grudge against those who watch them.

sounds familiar - storms all around, but none imby.  a few have had deluges within a few miles :(  it seems like this is the hottest stretch (and driest) all summer so far

side note, was in athens over the weekend for the ga game (awesome!) - it was a scorcher.  102 on the car fri and the game heat index must have been off the charts, ugh.  it was worth it, however, even if everyone was sweltering lol

Looking at the local Vis loop on the RAH page and it seems to me that storms will fire in the same general area they did yesterday, but there looks to be a few more boundries around so maybe that 40% chance wont be to far off.

Yep, looks like cells starting to Pop around Fayetteville.  NCsandhills might get some more rain today.

Yep, looks like cells starting to Pop around Fayetteville.  NCsandhills might get some more rain today.

Not moving much yet, in fact the RAH radar loop doesnt fill me with much hope at all.....there are a few echos showing up to my north but they are not sustaining very well.....

That cell over Hope Mills near Fayetteville is a beast though has one really strong core, likely some decent downburst and hail in it......

Not moving much yet, in fact the RAH radar loop doesnt fill me with much hope at all.....there are a few echos showing up to my north but they are not sustaining very well.....

That cell over Hope Mills near Fayetteville is a beast though has one really strong core, likely some decent downburst and hail in it......

I would be surprised if Cumberland Co. does not go under a FFW again.  RAH expects outflow from those storms to fire other storms to the north later on.  Hopefully, in your direction too.

Been thundering for about 20 minutes, no rain yet. Looks like it's all to passing east of MBY...I'm in west Fayetteville. It's definitely a lot darker when I look that direction. Close......it feels cooler outside, though. I'm guessing these cells will keep popping up for a few hours? Maybe I'll be able to get some IMBY later lol

And we did get some pretty good flooded areas yesterday. This was right close to my side of town:

10629795_906226516059046_390399047425543

Archived