SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
September Obs.

mackerel_sky

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We missed everything by about 7 miles today. Eastern half of the county got it pretty good.

* AT 708 PM EDT...DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A LINE OF SHOWERS THAT  CONTINUES TO BACK BUILD OVER THE SAME AREA...PRODUCING HEAVY RAIN  THAT WILL CAUSE URBAN AND SMALL STREAM FLOODING IN THE ADVISORY  AREA. UP TO THREE INCHES OF RAIN HAVE ALREADY FALLEN AND AN  ADDITIONAL ONE TO TWO INCHES IS POSSIBLE.* SOME LOCATIONS THAT WILL EXPERIENCE MINOR FLOODING INCLUDE  GOLDSBORO...SMITHFIELD...MOUNT OLIVE...BENSON...FREMONT...WALNUT  CREEK...MICRO...SELMA...FOUR OAKS AND PINE LEVEL.

We missed everything by about 7 miles today. Eastern half of the county got it pretty good.

* AT 708 PM EDT...DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A LINE OF SHOWERS THAT  CONTINUES TO BACK BUILD OVER THE SAME AREA...PRODUCING HEAVY RAIN  THAT WILL CAUSE URBAN AND SMALL STREAM FLOODING IN THE ADVISORY  AREA. UP TO THREE INCHES OF RAIN HAVE ALREADY FALLEN AND AN  ADDITIONAL ONE TO TWO INCHES IS POSSIBLE.* SOME LOCATIONS THAT WILL EXPERIENCE MINOR FLOODING INCLUDE  GOLDSBORO...SMITHFIELD...MOUNT OLIVE...BENSON...FREMONT...WALNUT  CREEK...MICRO...SELMA...FOUR OAKS AND PINE LEVEL.

been that way imby too for far too long lol.  the warnings went out for about 2 miles from here for 2-3"of rain and watched on radar as it sat and poured there. finally, thankfully, there was a little tail end development and picked up a quick inch of rain. the most here in about a month i think

Not 1 drop here and now the next 1-2 weeks look dry.

How in the world can you claim to know what's going to happen two weeks from now?  You've just finished complaining about how the NWS was wrong about the weather this weekend from only two or three days ago.  If you don't trust them to get the forecast right two or three days out, I can't imagine why you would trust them to be right about what's going to happen two weeks into the future.

You just like to complain, amirite?  Go ahead and admit it.  :P

Wow, nicest day here in a long long time... 65 and overcast. The dp's are a little high, but i'll take it.

Lots of mid 40s in Virginia this morning, can't wait til those make it all the way down here. :lmao:

Possibly in the next week or two?  8 AM temps on 9/25, 12z GFS:

JyZldX7.gif

What a pleasant day today. Currently it is cloudy and 77 with a dew point of 70. This morning it was 66 with a dew point of 64 which was even nicer.

I guess we have different definitions of pleasant. 77 with a dewpoint of 70 sounds incredibly muggy to me. I would prefer 77 with a dewpoint of 50.

Yes, please!! :icecream:

same here, i will second that lol. hard to believe it is just about time for fall temps to start heading to the se. after the quick inch last night, had light rain most of the morning for a total about 1.2"  it is nice to see everything wet again for a change...after talking with some others this weekend, apparently i wasnt the only one noticing how a few miles away was getting storm after storm while we have been high and dry lmao.  so this has been a much needed rain

the bonus benefit? its cloudy and the temp is 66 :thumbsup:

Archived