Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Obs.

mackerel_sky

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I predict less light and more cool over the next three weeks. I observed my apples hung on the tree longer this year. Not sure why when it has clearly been dryer. I am observing my leaves rapidly turning yellow and jumping off the bradford pears. And I am observing that I wish it was mid July again. It is too dang hot!

September looks to start out with blazing heat! Probably some of the highest temps of the summer!? Looks like widespread mid-upper 90s, possible run at 100 across the Carolinas on Wed or Thurs, but fall arrives in about 3 weeks officially, so post your obs!

Some of the hottest temps of the summer and it won't even be summer !! September will feel more like July ! Unbelievable.

It's about 95 right now, man I don't understand while it's hotter in Sept than in July, it doesn't make sense! It was in the 50s in July for lows and now 90s and the humidity, I'm sure I never remember mid 90s in Sept, and we will probably have 70s in January, has anybody seen this before?

It's really strange. I mean we have much less daylight now than in July, the sun is much lower in the sky, and yet it's hotter and more humid. That completely goes against nature right ?

There's always a lag between increasing/decreasing sun angle/daylight and increasing/decreasing temps. It can't get plenty miserable in September, especially early September. Once we get to around mid-month, the 90s should become less common.

Good point! Exactly the same reason we get our coldest weather, usually , in Jan and Feb, after the days start getting longer

There's always a lag between increasing/decreasing sun angle/daylight and increasing/decreasing temps. It can't get plenty miserable in September, especially early September. Once we get to around mid-month, the 90s should become less common.

Yeah, I know there is a lag but I didn't realize the lag was this long. I thought that temps peaked about 1 month or so after the summer solstice. We are close to 2 1/2 months past the summer solstice. I know the water temps are usually at their peak around this time of year, but I thought that land cooled off a little quicker.

Yup. And my "can't" should've been "can". By the way, I'm going to observe an Outback steak being depleted from my plate later. After all, it's Labor Day!

They got an all u can eat shrimp thing going on there now! You get a little sirloin or something, then you get to choose a type of shrimp, scampi, fried, etc., and they just keep bringing the shrimp! I'm gonna get there soon and put a hurtin on those shrimp! :)

Yeah, I know there is a lag but I didn't realize the lag was this long. I thought that temps peaked about 1 month or so after the summer solstice. We are close to 2 1/2 months past the summer solstice. I know the water temps are usually at their peak around this time of year, but I thought that land cooled off a little quicker.

Yeah somewhere in the one to two month range is the general lag time, but I don't remember specifically. Anyway, the averages are already decreasing, so in that respect, things are progressing as expected. But it's not uncommon to have a strong ridge set up and deliver above to much above normal temps in this area in September.

Storms all around and not a dang drop of rain. Cant even remember the last time we saw rain. This crap patterns gotta end some time soon.  :angry:  :(

I feel your pain  :(     

four drops!!!!

Now your just rubbing it in  :P  

High temperature of 92 today, but was able to capture a picture of cloud iridescence today!

Nice shot  :D  

Why is it that when a huge storm collapses, a couple of hours later the stratiform rain develops?

81 with light rain and vivid lightning from the storms well to the east. Lightning and thunder been going for a couple of hours now.

That only happens in Waycross ! And just to mess with you! That sounds like a Brick post! :)

Currently 79 and dry

Archived