SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall 2014 Banter Thread

IsentropicLift

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

better dry now than dry later...hopefully the pattern will change to a wetter regime..

I was worried last year that we would have a dry winter because it was so dry in the fall, but obviously things changed in a hurry. Did someone post stats that dry falls turn around and turn into wet winters the majority of the time? I think I remember seeing that.

I was worried last year that we would have a dry winter because it was so dry in the fall, but obviously things changed in a hurry. Did someone post stats that dry falls turn around and turn into wet winters the majority of the time? I think I remember seeing that.

I remember that also...The driest falls on record averaged wetter than normal during the winter...

What is it with you and the GGEM today? Run out of booze?

Sorry, talking about how dry it has been, complaining about how dry it has been and stating how temperatures are comfortable are for more important. What was I thinking talking about the only possible weather system on the horizon.

Sorry, talking about how dry it has been, complaining about how dry it has been and stating how temperatures are comfortable are for more important. What was I thinking talking about the only possible weather system on the horizon.

I used to sketch surface maps depicting outrageous imaginary nor'easters when I was bored. Perhaps I still do. You polish your geography skills and produce something with similar verification rates to the Canadian. ;)

I used to sketch surface maps depicting outrageous imaginary nor'easters when I was bored. Perhaps I still do. You polish your geography skills and produce something with similar verification rates to the Canadian. ;)

The GGEM operational has its issues but the ensembles have very good scores.

Guest Imperator

What is it with you and the GGEM today? Run out of booze?

Mike must really be bored with the weather, not only is he citing the horrible GGEM "Every Low Must be Developed" Model he's also citing members of the GGEM ensemble (waste of a computer resources). ..and he's being rooting on by Mr. Weatherguy, the human GGEM Model. (Guys, don't take it personal., just joking around.)

Mike must really be bored with the weather, not only is he citing the horrible GGEM "Every Low Must be Developed" Model he's also citing members of the GGEM ensemble (waste of a computer resources). ..and he's being rooting on by Mr. Weatherguy, the human GGEM Model. (Guys, don't take it personal., just joking around.)

This is what happens when we have nothing else to talk about :lol:

FWIW the 12z ECMWF has the same "look" of the GGEM with a coastal system hung up over the mid-atlantic, but is weaker and a tad south.

Guest Imperator

Understandable, I recommend taking a look at the setup on the Euro. The overall pattern is the same with a big anomalous high over New England. Not trying to hype it, I honestly believe it is worth watching. 

Don't get Defensive, I just busting your chops...

At this point in the season, while the wave lengths are still fairly short and the jet stream is still pretty far north, systems like the one that will pass offshore on Sunday will be able to do so. I'm not sure that would be the same case if this was a month from now. Perhaps the trough would have captured the system and tugged it back towards the coast?

This is about the fourth or fifth system that has developed in this region, tropical or not.

Archived