SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall 2014 Banter Thread

IsentropicLift

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great minds, huh? Though my film reference was to Warden Norton in Shawshank...

My old friend Any Dufresne  I got it . He lives in the shoe .

Anyway that was a lot of crowing and a well earned suspension all for 3 inches .

Not the best use of risk management if you ask me .

My old friend Any Dufresne I got it . He lives in the shoe .

Anyway that was a lot of crowing and a well earned suspension all for 3 inches .

Not the best use of risk management if you ask me .

I got suspended because I posted the paid Euro QPF maps even though I know I shouldn't have. The problem is that the mods pick and choose when to enforce that rule. It won't happen again.

Can somebody explain to me why DTWXRISK is allowed to post his nonsense making sarcastic comments about us in the pinned threads after all the warnings we were given yesterday ?

Let DT do what he wants. He knows more than most of us combined. Also if you find him rude, just ignore him or give it right back to him. Its not like he has 100 posts a day in our subforum.

:facepalm: only problem is he is not posting anything constructive just sarcastic remarks after not posting here for a long time for some reason he is just trying to stir the pot here - I don't know about you but I refuse to get into any pissing contests with him or anybody - we are trying to make this place a fun place to come to to discuss weather not a bunch of nonsense - I have to say though I am glad the 2 contest threads I started did not encounter any nonsense - thanks !

im thinking of maybe having a prize for best picture in my winter picture thread. would REALLY bump up the participation within it and in my mind increase the amount of quality as well

im thinking of maybe having a prize for best picture in my winter picture thread. would REALLY bump up the participation within it and in my mind increase the amount of quality as well

good idea ! we need this place to become a stress free fun place to visit -there is enough stress out there in the real world

You know, in the 20 Decembers from 1971 - 1990...Central Park only saw about 38.5 inches of snow...for a December average of about 1.9 inches.  I think the enormously anomalous nature of the last decade and a half snow wise is sometimes forgotten...at least after reading the totals in the prediction thread.  Certainly not saying that it can't happen...anything is possible...but sometimes you need to temper enthusiasm with the harshness of climatological reality. 

I got suspended because I posted the paid Euro QPF maps even though I know I shouldn't have. The problem is that the mods pick and choose when to enforce that rule. It won't happen again.

Ehh, it was also because you said "I hope they have their big boy boots on" about trolling today. Luckily the mods took my advice and just suspended everybody!! :thumbsup:

If it ever meaningfully snows here in LB this winter, hopefully we get the winter landscape against the new Boardwalk, ocean and nice sunset. It was a great scene last winter.

Talk about a major, and I mean major, off-the-charts blowtorch being advertised by the CFS. I think this model nailed December 2011's forecast. If this verifies, we will be heading for a December that would be worse than 2011's in terms of record warmth:

(courtesy of Don S. in main weather forum)

AO11262014_2.jpg

Dont sweat it try finding there November forecast issued Oct 26th.

Archived