Newest Member
    joxey
Fall 2014 Banter Thread

IsentropicLift

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Imperator

Spurious low pressure development in the gulf, it's different every run but the end result seems to be a retrograding low into the East Coast. I guess all you can say is that the pattern is conductive for such a scenario.

GGEM is go-to weenie model in mid winter when all other guidance shoves the storm offshore while the GGEM triple phases at sub 960mb, tucked in east of ACY.

...Winter and Tropical Season.....

Guest Imperator

OMG :lol:

Looks like the GGEM is going to show an epic phased bomb this run. Someone needs to put that poor thing out of its misery.

Im actually shocked it didn't deepen the low below 1000MB...Its like a parade of lows on a merry go round...What a waste of computer resources.

Rooting for the ggem. This weather has been boring.

We've been incredibly spoiled then if you think that. We've seen several tropical systems including the epic Sandy, had tornadoes around the city, witnessed countless snowstorms and blizzards including historic snow in October, and have seen some major flooding. What we've seen over the last few years is not normal, this is more normal.

Guest Imperator

We've been incredibly spoiled then if you think that. We've seen several tropical systems including the epic Sandy, had tornadoes around the city, witnessed countless snowstorms and blizzards including historic snow in October, and have seen some major flooding. What we've seen over the last few years is not normal, this is more normal.

Let him face down a Sandy like storm surge and Its aftermath like some of us had to, then maybe he will grow up about this stuff a little.

Guest Imperator

Folks trying to classify this coastal disturbance on Thursday a "nor'easter" FTL.

Not a nor'easter...its a monsoon!

It's a nor'easter....no its a monsoon...no its tropical!!! It's just a fracking rainstorm for God's sake. Weather has become full of primadonne and drama queens.

It's a nor'easter....no its a monsoon...no its tropical!!! It's just a fracking rainstorm for God's sake. Weather has become full of primadonne and drama queens.

Let me pose the following inquiry to you then...

What, in your professional opinion, do you believe to be the correct threshold for generation of excitement in preparation of a weather event? Is it 3" of precipitation, 4" of precipitation? Or are rainstorms not worth excitement altogether? Maybe only Sandy type events are worth the excitement? How shall we define such a threshold objectively?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

--Department of Human Services

--Manager of Employee Relations

Guest Imperator

Let me pose the following inquiry to you then...

What, in your professional opinion, do you believe to be the correct threshold for generation of excitement in preparation of a weather event? Is it 3" of precipitation, 4" of precipitation? Or are rainstorms not worth excitement altogether? Maybe only Sandy type events are worth the excitement?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

--Department of Human Services

--Manager of Employee Relations

Actually, none of the above excites me. If it's going to rain, I bring an umbrella with me and get on with my day. If a Sandy happens again (which btw, made weather less of an enjoyable interest to me),  I will get the frack out of the way and let nature do its deed (and move away from the coast for good.) Weather is a side interest to me, because of my love of aviation. Its just funny and interesting watching people go bonkers and get delusional over something they can never have control over. I have nothing to contribute, except for the occasional clarification of a delusion or to pose a question of something I want answered when I'm having a slow day. But all in all I could care less if tomorrow is sunny, raining, etc.  

Actually, none of the above excites me. If it's going to rain, I bring an umbrella with me and get on with my day. If a Sandy happens again (which btw, made weather less of an enjoyable interest to me),  I will get the frack out of the way and let nature do its deed (and move away from the coast for good.) Weather is a side interest to me, because of my love of aviation. Its just funny and interesting watching people go bonkers and get delusional over something they can never have control over. I have nothing to contribute, except for the occasional clarification of a delusion or to pose a question of something I want answered when I'm having a slow day. But all in all I could care less if tomorrow is sunny, raining, etc.  

There are other forums on the internet (just a few, I'm told). You don't need to force yourself to read a weather forum if you don't care about the weather.

If you're not really enthusiastic about the weather then this is probably not the best place for you.

Yup basically although there's a lot of weenism that goes on and many only care when a major storm (usually snow) occurs to really care about the weather. I think true weather enthusiasts care about the data and research that comes with meteorology as well as all other facets of the weather.

Archived