• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Labor Day Weekend Severe Threat

MCS_hunter

I have to admit that I underestimated yesterday. Here are a couple of screen captures from two supercells in MO.

The first was the supercell northwest of Springfield which had a nice hook and fan out shape.

J1vsM0A.jpg

The second was a supercell near St. Louis that had a suspiciously low CC value underneath the mesocyclone.

RHZpq0q.jpg

Had a little baby 'bookend' form over Joplin last night. I'm surprised Springfield didn't issue a tornado warning on it, but I guess they knew it was probably elevated. Looks like it produced a swath of 75 MPH winds just to the south of the track. Blew a couple campers over at a campground and caused a few injuries. 

Had a little baby 'bookend' form over Joplin last night. I'm surprised Springfield didn't issue a tornado warning on it, but I guess they knew it was probably elevated. Looks like it produced a swath of 75 MPH winds just to the south of the track. Blew a couple campers over at a campground and caused a few injuries. 

NWS now saying that an EF-1 tornado touched down near Leawood which is just south of Joplin. 

Archived