• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 2014

Rtd208

We could possibly get a coastal late this coming weekend or early next week. The 12z GFS is well east but the 12z GGEM scrapes the coast and the 12z GEFS mean is coming in similar to the GGEM. The Euro had rain but it was more frontal. Just something to watch in this otherwise borefest.

Lol, is it not sub-tropical? Looks like it originates down in the Bahamas mang. 576 line follows the storm, almost always warm-core.

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Continue to eat away at temp departures with recent cool temps now at +1 degree here after today.

One of the challenges will be that we lose 5 degrees off our average highs between today and the 30th. So mid 70s a week from now will be a few degrees above normal. To finish at normal or below we'll need to mostly average low 70s and many nights in the 50s which still remains to be seen which direction we go for the final 7 or 8 days.

Anyone noticing how close we are coming to a phase late Sun.-Mon.    Play the GFS JavaScript at high rate and it looks like the system along the coast  swerves away at last moment from the GL low.  This takes place near our latitude/longitude.

It's been that way for awhile, the system gets tugged towards OBX initially but the flow is progressive enough that the front kicks things east. Still an outside chance things change. The 12z GGEM has an awesome coastal that retrogrades into NC, sending a firehose of convection into the northeast for the middle of next week. Nice to see but unlikely.

Tonight's cool front is a tad weaker than I thought it would be. Let's see how we radiate it because my forecasted low was supposed to be 51 and I just don't see that happening tonight. Maybe 53-54. Than again it's still summer. I expect Monday night to be colder than tonight. Where is everyone? Boring weather I know. It'll be like this till November I hope! A warm October is okay look what happened a few years ago when we had snow in October and I think we had another 3 inches of snow for the rest of the winter. That was terrible ruined my year

Tonight's cool front is a tad weaker than I thought it would be. Let's see how we radiate it because my forecasted low was supposed to be 51 and I just don't see that happening tonight. Maybe 53-54. Than again it's still summer. I expect Monday night to be colder than tonight. Where is everyone? Boring weather I know. It'll be like this till November I hope! A warm October is okay look what happened a few years ago when we had snow in October and I think we had another 3 inches of snow for the rest of the winter. That was terrible ruined my year

Forecast low in the city is 56..still upper 60s now but already 50s in the burbs

More of the same easterly flow pattern since the beginning of August today.

Here's the days at LGA since 8-1:

8-1...SSE

8-2...ENE

8-3...ENE

8-4...SSE

8-10.SE

8-11.SE

8-12.SE

8-13.SE

8-19.ENE

8-20.SE

8-22.SE