• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
September 2014

Rtd208

1961 is the warmest September on record...We got hit with a tropical wave and just missed getting hit with hurricane Esther that month...

Unc do you have your monthly NYC breakdown for September?  I was thinking 1983 or 1953 were the warmest, but I guess theyre in the top 5 or 3.

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its like a sauna out there already at 8 am with sunshine the temps are going to race towards 90 - Linden is  already 78 - :weenie: leading the way - should be an interesting day with another shortwave approaching as the atmosphere destabalizes quickly

http://kamala.cod.edu/nj/latest.asus41.OKX.KOKX.html

More clouds than yesterday but should we reach 90, tomorrow will likely make 3 in a row and NYC/LGA first heatwave and the 2nd for those in NJ. 

Far less convective debris out there, than models where showing this morning. I think same places have a shot 90+ Today.

If we do, Tuesday looks likely the hottest day and some of the warmer spots may get there Wed as well.  Friday/Sat look to approach or exceed 90 as well.

Looks like after mid-sept temps go below average

It'll be interesting to track but guidance seems to want to persist the troughing into the west with ridging into the east with some Western Atlantic ridging working in as well.  Patter flip on/around 8/18 how long will it go?

Looks like this could be the latest first heat wave in NYC since 1985. The temperature is

a degree warmer than this time yesterday.

9-4-85...91

9-5-85...94

9-6-85...93

Followed a few weeks later by Gloria.  Those 89s in LGA and NYC in late June and early July made it oh so close. 

It'll be interesting to track but guidance seems to want to persist the troughing into the west with ridging into the east with some Western Atlantic ridging working in as well.  Patter flip on/around 8/18 how long will it go?

Yes beyond a week it's just a crap shoot on the weather it seems, but anyway by Sept 10 or so our average highs dip below 80. so it would take a bit for us to get into summer heat although I think southwest of us will still some after then.

Yes beyond a week it's just a crap shoot on the weather it seems, but anyway by Sept 10 or so our average highs dip below 80. so it would take a bit for us to get into summer heat although I think southwest of us will still some after then.

NYC average high is 80 already and drops to 79 on Thursday to 75 by the 16th and 70 by the 30th.

I'm not seeing any indication of a persistent trough / cooler than average pattern on the East Coast for the foreseeable future. The next 7 days continue to look like a torch, with many days of 90F potential. Thereafter, we should have more cool airmasses intruding from the NW, but the mean ridge likely remains near the East Coast.

I guess I was looking at different areas around NYC. I just don't think we see any summer type after the Sept 15

I guess what you classify as summery would support that but weve seen mid/upper 80s into late sep and early oct in the warmer Septembers.  I think the ridging continues, overall in the east but it wouldn't shick me if we have some deluge/flooding somewhere after mid month.

Followed a few weeks later by Gloria.  Those 89s in LGA and NYC in late June and early July made it oh so close. 

Remember it very well. September 1985 was also a warm month after a cool summer in NYC.

Jun....-2.8

Jul.....-0.5

Aug....0.0

Sep..+2.2

Archived