joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

51F low this am

Good chuckle with 12z GFS driving frost worthy cold here day 10. What is the Delaware valleys earliest frost date?

ABE has a few record lows in late September at or below freezing.  Obviously it's not common, but it does happen from time to time.  From my recollection early-mid October is the usual time of year for first frost around here.

47.6 here this morning.

Hope Ray makes a return in the winter, right now the weather is about as boring as it can get.

Spotted a stink bug on the window today, first one I have seen on the house this month and only spotted several in the garden all summer. Typically this time of year they are storming the doors to get inside and I am cursing them to hell. Could be the polar vortex trimmed their numbers significantly.

Hope Ray makes a return in the winter, right now the weather is about as boring as it can get.

Spotted a stink bug on the window today, first one I have seen on the house this month and only spotted several in the garden all summer. Typically this time of year they are storming the doors to get inside and I am cursing them to hell. Could be the polar vortex trimmed their numbers significantly.

Nope, it means its gonna be a warm and dry winter because they are preferring to stay outside. Haha

Maybe something has acquired a taste for them.  You are right - they usually swarm at this time, but I noticed that last year around now, their numbers were fewer than earlier years.

One thing we can do without.

Maybe something has acquired a taste for them.  You are right - they usually swarm at this time, but I noticed that last year around now, their numbers were fewer than earlier years.

One thing we can do without.

I went as far as to make stink bug traps for indoors so I didn't have to spend another winter sharing my home with them. When ever i get to thinking about the time i found a dead one in the reservoir of my coffee maker I get a sick feeling

talked about the stink bugs during the spring, the winter decimated the population, we were literally invested with those things at the office in Central Jersey & very heavy back home in Bucks until this past winter & now it's rare to even to see one at both locations

when I say invested I mean invested, they went nuts during those 2010-12 flamethrower summers & never completely went away in the winter, we had to clean out the office lights every couple of weeks because they'd pile up inside the fixtures, on warm fall days the sunny side on the outside wall of the building would be literally covered, what a refreshing change of pace now....

Archived