Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Banter 2014

mackerel_sky

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did wxsouth quit putting anything free on his site? I check it from time to time and he hasn't updated in like 3 months and today I can't get anything to come up on the page? I'm not on Facebook and don't have 10$ a month at the moment. Is it Facebook or paying member or nothing now?

I'm not on Facebook either, but I can still read his Facebook posts, which are relatively frequent.  Just search for "Facebook + wxsouth" and you'll find his page and be able to read the short version of his thoughts quite often.

Can I be in the non-Facebook club too? I am also proudly not on.

Sure!  The more, the merrier.  However, I'm disappointed that you disavowed your membership in the dumb phone club.  I think I'm one of the last holdouts to not upgrade to a smart phone.  I don't want to have to pay for data, even though it might be convenient.

Thank you

No problem, good sir.  Glad to help.  It's much more fun to lurk anonymously on Facebook from the outside than to have to deal with people from the past (and present) that you'd just rather not.

By the way, the same ideas work on Twitter.  You can view people's Twitter feeds without having an account.

Sure!  The more, the merrier.  However, I'm disappointed that you disavowed your membership in the dumb phone club.  I think I'm one of the last holdouts to not upgrade to a smart phone.  I don't want to have to pay for data, even though it might be convenient.

Oh, let me set the record straight here.  I had a company Blackberrry.  They are replacing all of those with iPhones.  I had no choice, and I must admit, I do like it.  HOWEVER, my personal phone is still the LG flip phone with the antenna on top.  I am quite content to use that one until it breaks.  My wife, however, has abandoned the technology resistance movement, and has adopted a personal iPhone.

I helped her through the device evaluation phase, but the adoption was all her doing!

No problem, good sir.  Glad to help.  It's much more fun to lurk anonymously on Facebook from the outside than to have to deal with people from the past (and present) that you'd just rather not.

By the way, the same ideas work on Twitter.  You can view people's Twitter feeds without having an account.

Unless you try to do it on a mobile device.  Then, it brings up the mobile version of it, which makes you have to sign up.  If you know a way around that, please let me know!

Unless you try to do it on a mobile device.  Then, it brings up the mobile version of it, which makes you have to sign up.  If you know a way around that, please let me know!

See!  You have been tainted by the smartphone revolution!  Like me, you shouldn't even know that fact, unless you had already been infected...

:P

Man, it's gotten that bad, you are answering your own posts? It must be dead in here!

There is a nice festival type concert this Friday I would enjoy partaking in , it consists of: Seether, Buckcherry , Godsmack, and a few more. Yeah, this may be a little loud for you old folks, but if it's too loud, your too old! :)

Man, it's gotten that bad, you are answering your own posts? It must be dead in here!

There is a nice festival type concert this Friday I would enjoy partaking in , it consists of: Seether, Buckcherry , Godsmack, and a few more. Yeah, this may be a little loud for you old folks, but if it's too loud, your too old! :)

Nice! We're there!

I am traveling to Savannah over the holiday weekend and I need to know what the best Seafood and best steak house in Savannah.  I would like to take my girlfriend to two nice dinners,  money isn't a factor I just want the best.

Thank you in advance. :)

The Pirates Den has THE most awesome ribs and seafood. I haven't tried the steaks there, but a friend of mine said it was wonderful. Moon River Brewing Co has awesome beer (duh) and THE best burgers. I'm sure Larry would know of a few places  ;) 

The Pirates Den has THE most awesome ribs and seafood. I haven't tried the steaks there, but a friend of mine said it was wonderful. Moon River Brewing Co has awesome beer (duh) and THE best burgers. I'm sure Larry would know of a few places   ;)

Thanks Michelle, 

I must say I really appreciate the beer suggestion.  I am leaving my daughter here in Atlanta so it's safe to say I'll be getting shammered a time or two over the holiday.  Someone also recommended Wet Willies for a drinking establishment.

Thanks Michelle, 

I must say I really appreciate the beer suggestion.  I am leaving my daughter here in Atlanta so it's safe to say I'll be getting shammered a time or two over the holiday.  Someone also recommended Wet Willies for a drinking establishment.

The Olde Pink House had a mean shrimp and scallop fettuccine come to think of it....lol.  Most of our drinking happens during dinner, but us ladies did make it to a place called Peg Leg Pete's singing the night away  :lol:   

Archived