Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Obs

mackerel_sky

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't believe we still have a 30% chance tonight, looking at radar and satellite trends.

irony of ironies - after all the high chances last week and the last couple of weeks and not a drop to show for it, yesterday with less than a 20% was one of the better storms of the year with a lot of lightning, thunder and a deluge (too bad it lasted less than 45 min lol)

seems like this summer the less chance there is of rain the better chance mby has of seeing some

Light rain with strong sun peeking through!! Worst case scenario if it was snowing, lol

that is so true lol.

been one wild morning over this way, have had about 4 rounds of storms, and another one on the door step so to speak.  the lightning has been extreme (best in a couple of years probably) with cloud to ground all over the place.  roads covered - almost 2" this morning - and rain starting up again now

What IS it about severe lines hitting Atlanta Metro on Friday afternoons?  Man, I'm glad to be working from home!

We've had three smaller cells blow through west-central Douglas County, none of which dropped more than a few minutes of light-to-moderate rain.  The concrete parking pad is damp but not soaked nor puddling, total for the day less than 1/2".  The heavier stuff has just grazed us.  We never had the nice cool blasts of outflow to make up for the humid-miserable goo.

There's been a ton of thunder. These were very noisy storms that dumped the heavy stuff somewhere else.

Radar appears to show things washing out in NC this evening. I'm wondering how much that heavy convection down to the South is doing it's usual thing and robbing moisture transport to the North?

I think that was forecast. Lots of dry air to overcome and the best forcing still west.

I think that was forecast. Lots of dry air to overcome and the best forcing still west.

Yeah, I know today wasn't in play. It's just fascinating to watch things unfold like this when you know the reasons why. Meanwhile.......

Sorry, folks -- wet weekend ahead. Here's the latest expected total rainfall from tonight through Monday:
10592753_519509668150397_629304149671362

Archived