SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July 2014

SACRUS

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the Park and LGA will break 90 for the first time this season.  Should storms hold off a while longer into the later part of the afternoon, we could see some toasty highs in the mid 90s.

98AM Roundup

TEB: 83

NYC:  81

EWR: 82

LGA: 80

JFK:  79

ISP: 82

New Brunswick: 82

BLM: 82

TTN: 81

that can't be. it wasn't supposed to get hot this week

Looks hot again next week.  I think some of the runs the euro had were blasting in record heat but that was only a couple of runs.  The ensembles were consistently warm this week with low/mid 90s max.   We will perhaps get there today in a more widespread fashion.

Looks hot again next week.  I think some of the runs the euro had were blasting in record heat but that was only a couple of runs.  The ensembles were consistently warm this week with low/mid 90s max.   We will perhaps get there today in a more widespread fashion.

For a 11-15 day ensemble, the Euro ensemble mean did well in picking the warmth this week. No prolonged heat was adi

The 12z OKX sounding has a modest cap with the convective temp at 89. So will likely see t-storms pop up by 18z, like the HRRR still shows.

post-187-0-43626600-1404310266_thumb.gif

upper 80's is hot?  Times are tough.

Certainly not record breaking or earth shattering but it was in the low/mid 90s yesterday for much of the area in NJ/SI (some other scattered spots in 2 other boroughs)  and points south and west.  Today should exceed that. 

Winds are southerly at LGA already. Sea breeze racing westward on the NJ coast.

Might as well try to get NYC/LGA as late as possible with their first 90F reading. Maybe they miss it again today.

Just hit 90F here for my 4th day of the season.

impressive to see blm hold on to 90 behind the sea breeze. did ewr hit it?

I was thinking the same thing about BLM. Sea breeze having very little effect just inland today.

Sea breeze just reached me, but still climbing, 90.5F now.

Archived