joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mountain snows and cool breezes due in 90 days. Can we start the 2014/2015 winter prediction and outlook thread yet? I am sure the 2160GFS has our first clipper of the season!

That would be an excellent test of the new Auto-Permaban feature.

British humor is hard to get sometimes, but I thought of another good one, Mr Bean!?

My roommate in college was a huge Mr. Bean fan.  I watched it a little, but not as much as he did.  It was funny, though.  Where's Bevo?  He needs to be in on this discussion!

My roommate in college was a huge Mr. Bean fan.  I watched it a little, but not as much as he did.  It was funny, though.  Where's Bevo?  He needs to be in on this discussion!

Have you seen Keeping Up Appearances? (It's "Bouquet", not "Bucket" lol)

Have you seen Keeping Up Appearances? (It's "Bouquet", not "Bucket" lol)

Nope, haven't seen that one. Is that the name of a Mr. Bean episode or a separate show altogether?

I wish I could learn the proper British slang and phrasing so that I could talk like that. It's so weirdly funny.

There really is no other TV besides British TV, IMO.  It's pretty much all I watch anymore.  :nerdsmiley:   (We need an emoticon with a bowler hat and a pipe for times like this.)

They make fantastic dramas like "Mi-5," "Sherlock," "Downton Abbey," "Foyle's War," "Poirot," "Inspector Lewis," and many others.  Their seasons (or series, as they call them across the Pond) are all relatively short, but it's only because they spend so much on the production expenses in each one.  For instance, on "Foyle's War" (a WWII period detective show set in the English countryside) you will never find a road with any lines painted on it in any scenes requiring a car to be driven.  They research down to the minutest detail to ensure they get things exactly as they were during the particular historical period.

Their old comedy series are just pure classic too:  "Waiting for God," "Keeping Up Appearances," and "Are You Being Served?" among others are quite hilarious.

Congrats on the new phone ! Glad you got to retire that first edition cell phone! Surprised it didn't have a cord!? You just cut your texting time by atleast 3/4! :)

Thanks! But don't get too excited... This is my work phone. I still got the other one. I'm going to keep that one as long as possible. Don't think I won't either. :) It's almost back in style!

OMFG!^%### I'm tired of being missed by the little bit of rain that happens to make it close to me :angry: I watched the storms from Greenwood head this way only to see them vanish as they enter the portals .THEN.....reform just to my east once again :angry:

I feel your pain! Had a storm sit to my west and even backbuild for about an hour . Finally starts to drift east, falls completely apart over my house, then rebuilds about 5 miles E! Now storms to my NW are moving due east!

I feel your pain! Had a storm sit to my west and even backbuild for about an hour . Finally starts to drift east, falls completely apart over my house, then rebuilds about 5 miles E! Now storms to my NW are moving due east!

I watched the sea breeze front work its way inland, only to collide with the outflow boundary from the dying storms not a couple miles from my house....ugh.  The front will probably stall out to my north tomorrow and that little impulse will spark off storms a county away.......sigh   :(     :axe:

Archived