• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July Obs. Thread

mackerel_sky

54 this morning.  Yesterday was 82 for the high and 59 for the low.  If summer was more like this all the time I wouldn't hate it so much.

Isn't that the truth. 56.5 here this morning.

Quite a few daily records fell of course but Montgomery set their all time july record low at 59. Setting a monthly record is no small thing. But that was by far not the coldest. I  noticed a couple of isolated upper 40 degree readings (as low as 47)  this morning across the northern parts of ga and even more so across alabama on meso/wunderground.  That is truly stunning for the last week of july. Although those lows in the upper 40s are  technically only 20 to 25  degrees below normal,  it is probably more like hitting the 90s in january since it's so hard to get a pattern that would lead to such temperatures this time of year. A person could literally live the rest of their lives and not see temps as cold as this morning in july. In particular the last week of july which is one of the hottest on average.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2.06'' will be the monthly total if it doesn't rain more in the next 8 hours or so.

Still fairly dry here.

Almost exactly the same here.  2.16" for the month.  If my yard was expensive grass, it would be much browner than my still green weeds.

Had between 5-6" at the house for July. Had a nice break from mowing in June, but that has long since ended. Brick shouldn't complain either as he's had about the same.

And by the way, it's 81F on July 31 as of 4:00 pm in the afternoon, under mostly cloudy skies. That's pretty amazing right there.

Ended up with an amazing 8.41" for the month of July, although you really can't tell it from the soil. Much of that fell in spurts of 1-2" in an hour or 2,  (2.19, 2.97, 1.45, .91, all in thunderstorms) and a lot of it became runoff. All our gardening is is raised beds over red clay soil, so, despite the amounts, the beds remain relatively dry. The weeds/grass, on the other hand, have had to be mowed every 5 -6 days this month just to keep the mosquito population at a reasonable level.

66 degrees currently! Did not break 70 today and picked up 3.58 inches of rain today!!! It was amazing, it was raining before 7 am and never stopped completely until around 3 pm! This will very badly skew the July totals and avg! Before today, we had received < .50 for the month, now are July total precip will be avg!

Archived