• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 4th Weather

SACRUS

Looks like I might actually see some rain here in Monmouth County. Moderate bands extending northward from Ocean County now. I've totaled 0.35" for this entire week, so hoping for at least 0.25" maybe from these bands.

Dew points dropping on a north wind now. 70/64.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like I might actually see some rain here in Monmouth County. Moderate bands extending northward from Ocean County now. I've totaled 0.35" for this entire week, so hoping for at least 0.25" maybe from these bands.

Dew points dropping on a north wind now. 70/64.

It's close. Looks like its having a tough time making it north of Ocean county and the stuff to the west is fizzling out.

I'm in the catskills in the deformation band for 12 hours under the firehose it's 60-70 miles wife but glued to sullivan county ,it's been raining at various rates since 10 pm last night it's inching east southeast very slowly, front is pretty much stalled over us and will only make slow progress as the hurricane moves east. The dry air in between is getting attacked from the southeast and northwest.

It's unreal how slowly this deformation band is moving its still raining and moderately here in liberty ny , what a cold and wet 4th it is, 59f, and doesn't look like we get clearing until this evening at the rate things are going here. Tonight it clears out with temps in the upper 40s. More like Halloween then July fourth.

Mt Holly said in their disco this morning that the band would rain itself out eventually ...but still, that's impressive

Still raining here the catskills , the mountains have a way of squeezing every bit out, this would be the dream band in the winter. As it is it's downright nasty with that band sitting and raining over us since last evening.

Most of the area will escape meaningful precip .

The light rain that is on NJ shore in MC will head NE towards eastern Nassau and Suffolk County over the next few hours as the system heads to CC . I doubt there will b more .25 qpf in CNJ the 5 boroughs and western Nassau. There should b more into Suffolk where the western side should screw up BBQ s

Thankfully there was no wind with this as this bent just in time to save the fireworks .

The light rain that is on NJ shore in MC will head NE towards eastern Nassau and Suffolk County over the next few hours as the system heads to CC . I doubt there will b more .25 qpf in CNJ the 5 boroughs and western Nassau. There should b more into Suffolk where the western side should screw up BBQ s

Thankfully there was no wind with this as this bent just in time to save the fireworks .

Raining at a pretty good clip in Brooklyn now, JFK will likely exceed .25 of rain. Nothing like further east though.

I'm going to enjoy my 4th by working =(.

Some light rain here at the parade in Travis(one of the longest running July 4th parades in the country...over 100 years) also one of the coolest with current temp of 68... happy 4th everyone!

Yep, quite cool out now. 68/64 with a northerly breeze.

Up to 0.25" of rain from this moderate band the past few hours.

Rain has cleared through most of NJ and clearing  and drier air rapidly pushing SE.  Sun before sunset. 

The string of nice and summery 4th of July's came to a crashing halt this year but we will salvage the later part of the day and evening and 2/3 of the holiday weekend will be fantastic.

Happy 4th

Guest Pamela

Rain has cleared through most of NJ and clearing  and drier air rapidly pushing SE.  Sun before sunset. 

The string of nice and summery 4th of July's came to a crashing halt this year but we will salvage the later part of the day and evening and 2/3 of the holiday weekend will be fantastic.

Happy 4th

Long Island should start to clear out after midnight or so...I guess.

Guest Pamela

Id think some clearing to Floral park by 6pm working east through suns set., E-LI meh.....  Have a good holiday

You too pal.

Archived