Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Florida Wet Season 2014

smog strangler

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That other thread was getting stale. Let it sink!

Wet season cometh. 

Happy hurricane season!  Now that I finally moved out of the state, I'm sure you'll get raked.  Not overly optimistic about this year... but you never know.  If Nino doesn't get too strong / takes its time, it can definitely still produce for FL.

Happy hurricane season!  Now that I finally moved out of the state, I'm sure you'll get raked.  Not overly optimistic about this year... but you never know.  If Nino doesn't get too strong / takes its time, it can definitely still produce for FL.

Yeah, I really don't like to bring it up because it's all anecdotal for the most part but you know how the 1992 season went basin wide ;)

Rain hasn't been all that impressive this June.  Only lived in South Florida for 2 years, but the Severe Weather this month has been intense in my opinion.  Multiple storms with winds around 45-55 MPH winds, small hail fell twice, and the lightening show has been impressive.  Yesterdays storms over Broward absolutely rocked us for 2-3 hours with strong winds, lightening and heavy rains. 

So June has been pretty inactive for my area.  I'll mention that the severe weather for this time of the month has been decent for this time of year.  Already 2 storms that produced hail, lots of amazing lights shows, and multiple 50-60 MPH wind gusts.  Usually don't see the amount of severe weather that has been occurring this June, but then again, I have only lived down here for 3 years.  

We shall see how July goes.  Not expecting anything tropical or very severe-like until late July and early August. 

come on FL, step up! I am resisting posting everyday as I don't want to talk to myself! Let's get it going :)

I see that there is some tropical potential through the weekend and back into the work week, with a low pressure forming outside Charleston and potentially moving south west towards the Florida peninsula. I dread to think what a quiet summer month would feel for your Floridians in the UK, I check my radars and forecasts each day and there's pop up cells throughout the entire of Florida most evenings. We have a storm chance about once every 2-3 weeks in the UK and when I say storm, I mean the odd flash of lightning and some thunder. 

Enjoy it guys!

I see that there is some tropical potential through the weekend and back into the work week, with a low pressure forming outside Charleston and potentially moving south west towards the Florida peninsula. I dread to think what a quiet summer month would feel for your Floridians in the UK, I check my radars and forecasts each day and there's pop up cells throughout the entire of Florida most evenings. We have a storm chance about once every 2-3 weeks in the UK and when I say storm, I mean the odd flash of lightning and some thunder. 

Enjoy it guys!

The Florida rainy season is truly unique. Ocean to the immediate west, south, and east make it that way along with latitude. Once late spring comes only a real topical system or rouge and rare cool front from the north can alter the daily battle of east and west coast seas breeze initiated T-Storms.

I have heard that a west-based, as opposed to east-based, Niño (so long as it remains fairly weak) tends to elongate / displace the Bermuda High farther W, meaning an elevated risk to FL. Currently, the Niño looks to be evolving on an east-based scale at first, possibly meaning a weaker high with less of an impressive risk to FL. But the CFS model, while less reliable than the ECMWF, shows a weak, central- or west-based Niño by ASO. That would mean more of a FL risk if my idea is correct. I'm skeptical this season.

Well judging by the radar returns this week it seems that most of the peninsula actually got rather lucky (if your a dry weather fan anyway). Given that things seemed to form and stick around the east coast it could have been far wetter all over the state than it turned out to be in reality. I noticed that most showers/rain bands seemed to be focused more towards the Central/South and East of the state rather than further over to the west, though there did seem a rash of heavier showers around last night. 

Daytona Beach NOAA Weather Radio Remains Out of Service

PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MELBOURNE FL

942 AM EDT SAT JUL 12 2014...UPDATED TO INCLUDE SUMTERVILLE

...DAYTONA BEACH NOAA WEATHER RADIO CONTINUES OUT OF SERVICE UNTIL 

FURTHER NOTICE... 

THE DAYTONA BEACH NOAA WEATHER RADIO TRANSMITTER OPERATING ON A 

FREQUENCY OF 162.400 MEGAHERTZ IS OUT OF SERVICE. WE ARE AWAITING 

DISPATCH FROM AT&T TECHNICIANS TO PERFORM WORK ON THE TELCO CIRCUIT 

WHICH IS CAUSING THE OUTAGE.

WHILE NORMAL BROADCASTS ARE INTERRUPTED...THE NATIONAL WEATHER 

SERVICE IN MELBOURNE SUGGESTS THAT NOAA WEATHER RADIO LISTENERS IN 

VOLUSIA...LAKE...ORANGE...SEMINOLE...BREVARD...PUTNAM...AND FLAGLER 

COUNTIES TUNE TO THEIR LOCAL MEDIA OUTLETS FOR THE LATEST NATIONAL 

WEATHER SERVICE FORECASTS...WATCHES...WARNINGS...AND STATEMENTS.  

OFFICIAL CURRENT NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE INFORMATION IS ALSO 

AVAILABLE AT THE FOLLOWING WEB ADDRESS:

HTTP://WWW.SRH.NOAA.GOV/MLB

HERE IS A LIST OF ALTERNATIVE TRANSMITTERS COVERING THE DAYTONA 

BEACH LISTENING AREA...

162.425 MHZ IN PALATKA...

162.500 MHZ IN SUMTERVILLE...

162.475 MHZ IN ORLANDO...

162.550 MHZ IN MELBOURNE.

A PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT WILL BE ISSUED FROM THE NATIONAL 

WEATHER SERVICE IN MELBOURNE WHEN STATION KIH-26 RESUMES NORMAL 

BROADCASTS.

WE APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE AND APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE. 

$$

CARTWRIGHT

• 2 weeks later...

I really want to post everyday but it's so depressing seeing that lack of FL participation. I come here everyday and nothing in 10 days since my last post. 

NOT GOOD for Florida. 

The problem is there are so few in this forum from Florida and most as in about 75% or more are from the NEUS

on topic before 10pm there was a pretty decent downpour near where I4 and 27 meet

The problem is there are so few in this forum from Florida and most as in about 75% or more are from the NEUS

on topic before 10pm there was a pretty decent downpour near where I4 and 27 meet

You are from true Central FL! Start posting bro. I can't build an area myself! Now if I can only get my old bud ocala back here we could have a good start. 

Archived