• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 5th MCS/Convection Discussion

where do you see 1.50 ? I see an x with 1.30 near NYC and that area is really tiny - like I said earlier the rainfall amounts will vary across the region IMO and the general totals from NJ through LI and points north and east will be like their map shows .50 to 1.00 - 1.30 will be the exception for a small area and there is no guarantee that area will be exactly where they are showing it now

(HPC bullseye 1.25 - 1.50 NYC AREA) . That would be the  little bright blue circle right around the city into lower Westchester county  .  THAT X   1.36 would fall in that range of 1- 1.50 would it not ?  

Convection  is never wide spread . But 1- 1.50 in spots are possible . The Euro and HPC think so . 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(HPC bullseye 1.25 - 1.50 NYC AREA) . That would be the  little bright blue circle right around the city into lower Westchester county  .  THAT X   1.36 would fall in that range of 1- 1.50 would it not ?  

Convection  is never wide spread . But 1- 1.50 in spots are possible . The Euro and HPC think so . 

Not that far off from HPC

post-7472-0-40643000-1401908938_thumb.pn

356 MT HOLLY

.SHORT TERM /6 AM THURSDAY MORNING THROUGH 6 PM THURSDAY/...
THE CORE OF THE PRECIPITATION SHOULD BE PASSING OVER OUR FORECAST
AREA BETWEEN 600 AM AND 800 AM ON THURSDAY AND IT SHOULD BEGIN
MOVING AWAY TO OUR NORTHEAST IN THE 800 AM TO 1000 AM TIME FRAME.

IT APPEARS AS THOUGH WE WILL CONTINUE TO SEE A WIDE SWATH OF ONE
INCH PLUS RAINFALL AMOUNTS ACROSS OUR NORTHERN COUNTIES. TOTALS
SHOULD BE A BIT MORE VARIABLE ACROSS THE SOUTH DUE TO THE EMBEDDED
THUNDERSTORM ACTIVITY. WE ANTICIPATE AMOUNTS TO BE AROUND A HALF
INCH IN THE SOUTH WITH AREAS OF 1 TO 2 INCHES WHERE THE HEAVIER
DOWNPOURS OCCUR.

MOST OF OUR RIVERS, CREEKS AND STREAMS SHOULD BE ABLE TO HANDLE THE
EXPECTED PRECIPITATION AMOUNTS. HOWEVER, DUE TO THE HIGH RAINFALL
RATES THAT SHOULD OCCUR OVER A BRIEF TIME PERIOD WE ARE EXPECTING
SOME ROADWAY FLOODING AND SOME FLOODING IN AREAS OF POOR DRAINAGE.

THE SURFACE LOW IS FORECAST TO PASS OFF THE COAST AROUND OCEAN
COUNTY, NEW JERSEY DURING THE MID MORNING ON THURSDAY AND IT SHOULD
REACH THE CAPE COD VICINITY AROUND MID AFTERNOON. AS THE LOW PULLS
AWAY FROM OUR REGION, LOW LEVEL MOISTURE WILL LINGER INTO THE EARLY
AFTERNOON WITH LOW CLOUDS AND SHOWERS EXPECTED.

A LITTLE MORE BULLISH THAN UPTON .

Nobody is calling for widespread flooding here, but man, if we end up getting just a bit more than what the models are currently showing things could be dicey, especially in areas that are very susceptible to poor drainage flash flooding. That Rt. 3/21 junction should be fun tomorrow morning.

Nobody is calling for widespread flooding here, but man, if we end up getting just a bit more than what the models are currently showing things could be dicey, especially in areas that are very susceptible to poor drainage flash flooding. That Rt. 3/21 junction should be fun tomorrow morning.

I don't think the convection here is widespread but like winter time banding it's hard to tell 12 hours out if the strip is into brick NJ or Brooklyn NY I think a lot of the area sees .75 plus. And there should b a small pocket of 1.5 plus and mayb in there if you get that some roadway flooding could b possible IMO

I don't think the convection here is widespread but like winter time banding it's hard to tell 12 hours out if the strip is into brick NJ or Brooklyn NY I think a lot of the area sees .75 plus. And there should b a small pocket of 1.5 plus and mayb in there if you get that some roadway flooding could b possible IMO

18z 4k NAM keeps the deluge north of the city. 3"+ for Northern Westchester County and 0.75"+ in the Bronx.

Just a heads up for those who are expecting a lot of rain. Almost all models had my area in a solid 1-2" of rain, so far at DTW we have received .21" and it has been raining for about 8 hours. I would probably lean on the low end of the spectrum with this event.

Just a heads up for those who are expecting a lot of rain. Almost all models had my area in a solid 1-2" of rain, so far at DTW we have received .21" and it has been raining for about 8 hours. I would probably lean on the low end of the spectrum with this event.

Everybody ignoring the models busting on the northern end of this system?

Archived