SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The official 2014 Summer Discussion Thread

Marion_NC_WX

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are 21 days from the longest "day" of the year. Two wonderful things happen at that point. One, the stink bugs usually die out quickly and two, we start the slide back into winter!

In the meantime, more dry, more boring weather to endure. Refreshingly cool and breezy today though!

I see we have an INVEST in the E-Pac this morning...models continue to trend toward the idea of some energy in that region lifting northward and entering the Bay Campeche and Gulf of Mexico in a few days. Did notice this morning's runs, even the GFS has whatever that forms more stretched (sheared) out as it moves into the Gulf compared to yesterday.

We are 21 days from the longest "day" of the year. Two wonderful things happen at that point. One, the stink bugs usually die out quickly and two, we start the slide back into winter!

In the meantime, more dry, more boring weather to endure. Refreshingly cool and breezy today though!

I dare you to post, on Dec 1st, that, "we are now starting the climb back to summer".

According to our local NWS forecast, there is a chance of showers/t-showers every day from this Sunday through next Friday. It'll be interesting to see how well that pans out across this area of Central NC.

I'm guessing we'll maybe get rain one of those days. It'll probably be on Tuesday, when I have a softball game. But it'll only rain on the softball field. My house won't receive a drop. Been very dry lately.

I'm guessing we'll maybe get rain one of those days. It'll probably be on Tuesday, when I have a softball game. But it'll only rain on the softball field. My house won't receive a drop. Been very dry lately.

Dry here too! In all seriousness , the developing El Niño was suppose to make summer wet or normal! Is that still happening? What's the niño status?

Ahh summer. Gonna be dreading the return of winter.

Shush it mister  :angry:   You wouldn't say that if you lived here between the portals  :P   :(  

I am enjoying the afternoon thunderboomers that are in the forecast for the next week. As long as they continue, mby will stay away from that dreadful red color on the drought map it's been accustomed to this past decade  ;)  

Ugh we already hit 100* this year. On Tuesday. YUCK MAN.

http://www.weather.com/weather/monthly/28314

My town in Arkansas has only hit 90* 5 times so far and has only 1 90* temp in their 10 day forecast...we are allll 90s. >=[

Since when is Arkansas cooler than NC in June? Oh, since I moved here. Lol.

Winter can't return quickly enough.

My town in Arkansas has only hit 90* 5 times so far and has only 1 90* temp in their 10 day forecast...we are allll 90s. >=[

You didn't move to NC. You moved to Fayetteville, very often the hottest location in the state.

You didn't move to NC. You moved to Fayetteville, very often the hottest location in the state.

I think all the adult establishments there make it hotter.

True say. I do know Fayetteville has the record hottest temp for NC. Lucky me... x(

Looks like Raleigh only got up to 93 or 94 on Tuesday. Only an hour north of us. I bet the humidity was much more bearable as well.

Doesn't look to get any better...well it is June. Lowest 10 day fc is 88. The rest are all 90s. Have I ever mentioned how much I loathe these months? :P

I think all the adult establishments there make it hotter.

They certainly contribute to the stench....lol.

I'm tired of those temps already  :angry: 

The models seem to be capturing the idea of a stalled front with numerous rounds of showers and storms, especially in the western part of the state from the end of June through the beginning of July. I would not be shocked if a large area between the mountains to I-77 receive over four inches of rain the first week of July.

The reason behind this will be high pressure off the New England coast providing moist Atlantic flow with an upper level trough approaching the area. Forcing appears weak; however, moisture will be abundant.

So, I am expecting a very active pattern for the beginning of the month across the southeast United States with daily showers and storms.

I'm tired of those temps already   :angry:

It's been 90 every day since March here, lol.  Really makes me appreciate how unusual last summer was now I'm getting a regular one this year.  Summer is the worst invention since dog doo on a stick!   At least I don't have the portals to contend with. and in a few more months winter will be near, thank goody goodness.  T

Archived