Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our league is still going on (4 games to go) because of rain-out make-ups. There was one shower that moved across Wake Co. last night, and of course, the timing was perfect and rained out the game. Not one drop fell at my house, mind you. Anyway, we're still perfect on the season. 0-12...or something like that.

Nice! We started 2-0 then lost 12 games in a row before going 6-0 the final 3 weeks of the season (we played doubleheaders every week) and 3-2 in the playoffs. We did have quite a few rainouts, but since everyone else did they just shortened the season. Otherwise, we'd be playing til July.

What did you think of the newly renovated bulls park?

It looked great! We walked around the whole park, checking out the views. We are definitely going back when we have time to check out the shops that surround the ballpark   ;)   btw...the cooling tent came in handy. It was just a tad bit warm and muggy after it rained. Sitting in right field watching the sun set in front of us, without a breeze, made for a brutal first part of the game   :lol:

Nice! We started 2-0 then lost 12 games in a row before going 6-0 the final 3 weeks of the season (we played doubleheaders every week) and 3-2 in the playoffs. We did have quite a few rainouts, but since everyone else did they just shortened the season. Otherwise, we'd be playing til July.

Sounds like you locked it out strong!  We have a mathematical chance to finish the season 4-0.  The actual chance to win at least one game would be in the 5% neighborhood...about the same as Mackrel and Metallica getting any thunderstorms this summer.  Thankfully, at least we don't have to be in the playoffs!

It looked great! We walked around the whole park, checking out the views. We are definitely going back when we have time to check out the shops that surround the ballpark   ;)   btw...the cooling tent came in handy. It was just a tad bit warm and muggy after it rained. Sitting in right field watching the sun set in front of us, without a breeze, made for a brutal first part of the game   :lol:

Going to the Bulls game Sunday night. It's the best thing about Durham, but there's not much really to compete with it.

The Performing Arts Center is pretty grand as well.

Yeah, don't trash my city until you've actually tried it. It's bad enough going to school in Hillsborough where everyone thinks there's as much crime in Durham as there is in one of Baltimore's ghettos.

Yeah, don't trash my city until you've actually tried it. It's bad enough going to school in Hillsborough where everyone thinks there's as much crime in Durham as there is in one of Baltimore's ghettos.

I was born and raised in Durham. I like to visit some things, but I am glad I don't live there anymore.

Going to the Bulls game Sunday night. It's the best thing about Durham, but there's not much really to compete with it.

I'm sure you all will have a great time!  :)  

The Performing Arts Center is pretty grand as well.

That's on my list of things to see while I visit  ;)    The eno rver state park, bennett place(yep...I stopped there on my way back to the hotel) and lake michie were awesome places to see too   ^_^   I believe the studio is going fishing for the day at Falls Lake State Park when I'm up there again in just a couple of weeks   :D

I'm sure you all will have a great time!   :)  

That's on my list of things to see while I visit   ;)    The eno rver state park, bennett place(yep...I stopped there on my way back to the hotel) and lake michie were awesome places to see too   ^_^   I believe the studio is going fishing for the day at Falls Lake State Park when I'm up there again in just a couple of weeks   :D

hey, we can show you around!

If Al Roker called it a derecho, then it was a derecho! I bet Abrams seconded that motion! :)

I just didn't see anything that meets the criteria.  I've been wrong before though.

1) There must be a concentrated area of convectively induced wind damage/gusts greater than 50 knots, or 60 miles per hour.

2) The area must have a major axis length of 400 kilometers, or 248.5 miles.

3) Wind reports should show a continuous and nonrandom pattern of occurrence. For instance, a swath of storms should consistently produce wind reports as the system moves to the east or southeast.

4) In the storm reported areas, at least three reports, separated by 64 km or more, should include wind gusts greater than 64 knots, or 74 mph.

5) Derechos are typically continuous and can sustain itself for hours. With that said, no more than three hours can elapse between successive wind damage events.

Archived