SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June Obs

mackerel_sky

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had to run into town this morning, and apparently Clayton grabbed a few hundredths, but nothing IMBY.  There were a few damp spots on the road about 3 miles away, and a few tiny puddles on the parking lot seams in town. The air even smelled of freshly fallen sprinkles.

Your storm was massive...infact it was massive enough that I got a great photo of it, all the way back here along the Blue Ridge...

attachicon.gifSevere Thunderstorm 6-8-14 (Hickory) 001.JPG

I am so thankful for finally cashing in on some much needed rainfall.  A very nice thunderstorm with heavy rain (0.77 inch) just rolled over MBY.  That's the first meaningful rainfall in over two weeks here.  That storm has now gotten a STW from GSP as it rolls toward Lincolnton.

This storm produced very heavy rain in a very short amount of time. I registered nearly 2.5 inches of rain in just 30 minutes. I did not have any hail or damaging winds as it pushed through. Also, there was not much thunder or lightning from the storm, which kind of shocked me. But, it was nice to receive some rain for a change. The grass grew nearly an inch last night!

HRRR says that line of storms in Alabama is gonna go poof as soon as it enters the upstate.  I don't doubt it one bit.  There as been an organized line a handful of times the last couple weeks to enter the area around 3 or 4 in the morning just to fall apart.  What does it take to get one to swing through in the afternoon during peak heating! :axe:   This pattern is just awful and there is really no end in site.  We have had 20-40% pops just about everyday the past month and its only really rained twice....and don't get me started on the GFS.  At least the GFS is persistent with the tropical system so eventually it will probably be right lol.

Had a thunderstorm complex come thru early this morning that put down .32 inches of rain. That rain has caused out dew point to sky rocket as soon as the sun came out. Currently it is 90 with a dew point of 81. Heat index is 111. Ughhh. I love the rain but hate days like this.

It's 102/85/134 in Cassatt, SC now! I think there may be something wrong with the observations. That is insane.

Highest temp I ever inhabited, at least briefly, was in Florence, SC.

105... and it was humid!

Sky is deep blue, now... cumulus is making that striking "ice cream cone-top" image to the west. 

4267 people without power. 2.17 in 40 minutes. Best storm ever! Trees down everywhere. The power is still on here after flickering 20+ times. I have never seen winds like that. At one point the visibility was near 0.

Yaaaaaaay! Had an amazing gust front / outflow boundary fly through here with 50+ mph gusts! Gust front ain't gonna make the grass and crops grow! :(. Yipeeeee!

Wooo hoooooo!!! :thumbsup:

Lol. Never seen a storm like that. Funny because we didn't even have rain in the forecast today, plus the storm never had a warning.

Here you guys go just in case you might think I'm lying lol. Cable and Internet is out now. Only have my phone now.

2330 UNK

WAYCROSS WARE GA 3121 8236 TREES AND POWER LINES DOWN ... AND POWER OUTAGES. REPORTS RECEIVED FROM WAYCROSS EASTWARD TO BRANTLEY COUNTY BORDER. TIME ESTIMATED BASED ON RADAR.

Lol. Never seen a storm like that. Funny because we didn't even have rain in the forecast today, plus the storm never had a warning.

Here you guys go just in case you might think I'm lying lol. Cable and Internet is out now. Only have my phone now.

2330 UNK

WAYCROSS WARE GA 3121 8236 TREES AND POWER LINES DOWN ... AND POWER OUTAGES. REPORTS RECEIVED FROM WAYCROSS EASTWARD TO BRANTLEY COUNTY BORDER. TIME ESTIMATED BASED ON RADAR.

75 and dry.

It's not hard to knock out power to a town that has power poles made of bamboo and yarn! :)

Those storms that impacted waycross look to be heading almost due north. Any chance these can make its way into SC? Or did the gust front work over the atmosphere too much? I want to take a look at the HRRR but it hasn't updated since 10z.

I have been watching those as well. They are already moving through areas that got hit by the gust front and seem to be holding together well and even strengthening. I think they will hold together, but time will tell.

Archived