• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Recording storm footage and lightning.

LMolineuxLM1

I have brought this up in the past. But my plan is to not go outside of my house physically to record storms that come close to my area. As my plan is to have guidance on perm. Fixed cameras to the roof of my house to use to record the storms, even distance storms. What I need help on is what could work for this that can cover all 360 degrees in view? Any ideas are welcome.

I have brought this up in the past. But my plan is to not go outside of my house physically to record storms that come close to my area. As my plan is to have guidance on perm. Fixed cameras to the roof of my house to use to record the storms, even distance storms. What I need help on is what could work for this that can cover all 360 degrees in view? Any ideas are welcome.

First thoughts I have are (I'm no expert on this subject):

What is the ultimate purpose? If you want high resolution video with minimal distortion it seems you would need multiple cameras, and lots of storage. And a way of enclosing them or otherwise keeping the weather (rain or snow) off the lens.

Is this an "always on" system, or would you want to be able to activate it remotely? In the latter case maybe you could do one camera and rotate it?

• 2 months later...

I'm thinking maybe a security camera system. 

This system here can record to a DVR and can be accessed remotely.  A custom mount may be necessary, though.  

http://www.amazon.com/Defender-21112-Sentinel-Security-Outdoor/dp/B009UWK950/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1400394910&sr=8-2&keywords=Defender+21113

The reviews aren't all that great (some are nightmares) and I would go wireless. This looks like a PITA to install...

Archived