Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Heavy rain/Storm event 5/15/14

Solak

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah with the population in that area I think its at least borderline.

Rain starting to choke it off maybe hard to say......storm not looking as good but if the sun was still up it would have been looking nasty right over Wake Forest certainly was a low hanging wall cloud with that rotation as tight as it got.

Rain starting to choke it off maybe hard to say......storm not looking as good but if the sun was still up it would have been looking nasty right over Wake Forest certainly was a low hanging wall cloud with that rotation as tight as it got.

I agree.  The past few frames look to have rain interfering with the updraft.  Might be able to overcome it, we will see.

After today we are closing in on 30 tornados for NC in the first half of the year........

here is a new video of the one near Chicod April 25th that was just posted the structure with this thing was awesome for NC, at the end it cycles and when it comes back ( not on this video)  its the tornado that tore into Washington amd the nation first EF3 of 2014.

http://www.wcti12.com/news/new-video-of-april-tornado-that-destroyed-homes-in-enc/25999932

RECORD EVENT REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE RALEIGH NC

0905 PM EDT THU MAY 15 2014

...RECORD DAILY MAXIMUM RAINFALL SET AT FAYETTEVILLE REGL AIRPORT

NC...

A RECORD RAINFALL OF 2.92 INCHES WAS SET AT FAYETTEVILLE REGL

AIRPORT NC TODAY. THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 1.83 SET IN 1930.

No damage at my nuclear and aunt's called. My dad rode out there and found her next door. They don't have any power. Said trees and power lines are down all over near Hope Valley Rd in Durham.

:wacko2:   Do you read what you write before hitting that little post button?  :P

Just under 2 inches of rainfall here IMBY.

Interesting AFD from CHS. Talks of a Meso Low beginning to form in SE Georgia that could enhance the severe threat across SE GA and SE SC this evening:

Lol just saw this. The meso-low was well formed at 9:21am when I made my post about it, then CHS says it is beginning to form at 1pm. It actually caused wind damage in the southern part of our county(no warnings).

Radar measurements are showing 4+ inches of rain (redish shade on my GRLevel3) all over Triangle at this moment with a scar of 5-6 inches (darker red) over Durham and Henderson areas. KRAX also measured 2-3 inches of rain IMBY as well in JoCo. Ridiculous amount of rain today and it still haven't slow down a bit at all in the past 12 hours. 

EDIT: All time daily rainfall record of 5.64" from June 14, 2006 at RDU just got broken. 5.90" and counting...

EDIT2: Scratch that. The 5.9" report is actually 5 miles to NE of RDU.

xQFOQfi.png

Radar measurements are showing 4+ inches of rain (redish shade on my GRLevel3) all over Triangle at this moment with a scar of 5-6 inches (darker red) over Durham and Henderson areas. KRAX also measured 2-3 inches of rain IMBY as well in JoCo. Ridiculous amount of rain today and it still haven't slow down a bit at all in the past 12 hours.

xQFOQfi.png

NWS just released a list of rain totals so far. RDU at 5.9" http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=RAH&product=PNS&issuedby=RAH

Archived