• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Official 2014 First Tropical System Prediction Thread

Marion_NC_WX

Lemon went away yesterday, but has been resurrected this morning. GFS still teasing the Southeast with something 'next week'. Too bad next week never gets here :D

The GFS f*cking sucks! Was showing development in 48 hours and now shows nothing until next week. Wow that was one hell of a tease.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The GFS f*cking sucks! Was showing development in 48 hours and now shows nothing until next week. Wow that was one hell of a tease.

In June I don't start paying attention until a depression forms. Much better for your mental health.

We got an.....apple? My guess it's going to shear out as it goes over land before it becomes official...one can only hope, I can't have this becoming the first TD if my guess is on 6/16

The HWRF has it shearing out near landfall then reforming off the coast...if it does become a TD likely shortest lived TD of the season? Assuming it does, does the 6/10 guess win?

CjF5eBM.gif

Welp, it's a dud...that was a close one.

6hf3DGK.gif

Pretty crazy considering the NOAA recon mission was tasked, it was CLOSE, pretty sure it found SUB-tropical depression sustained winds but can't find the data right at this moment. I know there were flight-level winds of 45 or so knots for 10s

GFS trying to develop a system into the gulf and into the Gulf states. Of course it's way far out and I haven't seen the Euro develop anything around there yet but there's plenty of anomalous energy around below cuba around same time period so we'll see.

Cptc4lo.png

Wow, still in the game and looking better every day for my August 1 prediction! Just seems like the entire season is running a month late this year. Almost july and we just now hit a string of 90's. I just hope october doesnt turn out warm as well. Nothing worse than a hot and muggy halloween.

Wow, still in the game and looking better every day for my August 1 prediction! Just seems like the entire season is running a month late this year. Almost july and we just now hit a string of 90's. I just hope october doesnt turn out warm as well. Nothing worse than a hot and muggy halloween.

My guess of June 25th is still in the game, but it is not looking too promising right now.

This one is going to go......it will be close to land but as for now should never really threaten land once it forms......at least that's the modeling as of now.

attachicon.giftwo_atl.gif

It's up to 30% as of 8:00AM

TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOKNWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL800 AM EDT SAT JUN 28 2014For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:1. A weak low pressure system located just off the coast of SouthCarolina is producing an area of disorganized showers andthunderstorms. Environmental conditions are expected to remainconducive for gradual development of this system whileit drifts southward during the next few days.* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...30 percent.* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...50 percent.Forecaster Brown

Gonna need a 91L thread I guess one of you inland guys that need rain need to start it......we can do without down here I am headed to the river in a few weeks.

I usually would beg for tropical system to bring rain inland but I've had over 5 inches of rain this week solely off low level easterly upslope.

I never posted my official prediction...

The first system to have advisories written on them will somewhere on either side of Florida and then go off the East Coast...this will happen June 28th.

Sooo...nicely done!

July 3.  

Skirts, and 'show panties', before full exposure

to the boys in the UK.  SE of NC/SC.  

Big, round tease.

Not a bad prediction for overall system date and location, I think..

We've got some modern day Nostradamuses in here.

I believe I would declare this the winner. Of course he only has 5 posts, so he hasn't yet been contaminated by the rest of us.

I'll throw my hat in the ring. I've been surprised before but I have a hunch that this may be a slow year. My guess would be the first week of July. I could be wrong lol

I believe I would declare this the winner. Of course he only has 5 posts, so he hasn't yet been contaminated by the rest of us.

TD #1 formed on June 30th 11pm, from what I remember so that's why I thought 28th won, 1st week of July, too vague IMO.

Archived