Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May Banter Thread

Solak

Your lips are moving, but.... :(

It was a blast! And it really is amazing how loud it is. And it is amazing how many people had no hearing protection whatsoever.

We finally did buy some tix in the cheap section, which were still good seats. We hung in the pits for a while and saw a few pit stops. Saw most of the drivers up close and even got a few lug nuts from a Jeff Gordon pit stop. :) it was fun and my dad had a great time...it was kind of a birthday present for him.

Glad you enjoyed it.  All those folks without hearing aids, added to the rapidly aging baby boomers, is the reason I am a bit heavy in hearing aid stocks.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really pretty sunrise yesterday morning. Here's a 2hour timelapse from my weathercam.

http://youtu.be/25omgdNtewU

Very nice, Disc.  Thanks for sharing.  It was interesting watching the contrails drift with the rest of the clouds.  I never really thought about the fact that they should behave in the same fashion as the rest of the clouds around their altitude.

We got a decent thunderstorm for about 30 mins. earlier today. I thought the storms were gonna screw us over like they did yesterday. I'm glad I was wrong.

I haven't been keeping up to tabs on this anticipated El Nino, but this Spring so far hasn't been as wet as I thought it would be...I guess that will change by this Summer.

Saw this on a local news site.  Storm chaser was struck by lightning.

I guess I missed something.  The 'rocks', like charcoal briquettes, flying at us?

What was that?  

<Had a nice steak last night.  One of the neighbors was slinging charcoal out of 5 gallon

buckets into his smoker.  Big, fat, frightening man with tattoos all over him.  I talked to him

for a few minutes.  The mystery was gone in 5 seconds.

I was a dinner guest.  

(<Was just thinking about charcoal.)

I think I'll go mow the weeds just in case the elusive 50% decides to pay us a visit this afternoon/tonight. Mowing at cloudy/72° sure beats powerwashing the deck at sunny/90° like I did yesterday all afternoon :D

Yeah I took a long lunch to mow mine today. That should keep the rain away. If we don't get any storms in the Triad it's my fault...sorry!

Wow, extremely lucky. He only got a sore arm from that. He didn't scream, yell, or swear while getting hit.

Everything in that video was amazing. The double rainbow, the hail, the lightning, etc. Also you hear the thunder before the lightning hit.

Thats a good indication that you are too close lol.

I guess I missed something.  The 'rocks', like charcoal briquettes, flying at us?

What was that?  

<Had a nice steak last night.  One of the neighbors was slinging charcoal out of 5 gallon

buckets into his smoker.  Big, fat, frightening man with tattoos all over him.  I talked to him

for a few minutes.  The mystery was gone in 5 seconds.

I was a dinner guest.  

(<Was just thinking about charcoal.)

Crapper I think that was asphalt flying up from the pavement area that got hit.

Might as well give the car a bath today while it's still cloudy and relatively mild. Garden hose and I are getting way to familiar with each other. Will wait  for a sunny day to re-stain the decks I washed earlier in the week.

Might as well give the car a bath today while it's still cloudy and relatively mild. Garden hose and I are getting way to familiar with each other. Will wait  for a sunny day to re-stain the decks I washed earlier in the week.

I powerwashed on Monday.  I've got a wrap-around porch.  The deck is stained, but all of the columns and spindles are painted.  Do you have a suggestion for a good solution that is effective at taking mildew off?  I had to scrub most of that mess by hand.  I don't want to power wash the paint too hard and peel it off.

Our front and side porch pickets are painted. I pre-sprayed with a 50-50 mix of "Simple Green" and water and let it soak for a few minutes, then washed/cleaned with a wide fan on the washer. works pretty good, and doesn't strip the paint off.

Our front and side porch pickets are painted. I pre-sprayed with a 50-50 mix of "Simple Green" and water and let it soak for a few minutes, then washed/cleaned with a wide fan on the washer. works pretty good, and doesn't strip the paint off.

Good deal.  Thanks man.  I used a Jomax, bleach, and water mixture.  To my recollection, it worked pretty well last time, but this time, it didn't seem to work as well.  I had to do a LOT of scrubbing.

I spent the day repairing residual damage to my trees for this winters ice storm. Gave a good workout to my arms and shoulders with a 16' pruning saw. Still more to do but I removed a lot of the hanging branches. Still need to go up on my roof and take care of several branches that are over hanging it and have broken branches lying on top on them. Last winter just keeps on giving. At my age, I'm wondering if I will be able to lift my arms tomorrow and how many days it will be before I'm ready to go at it again. lol

I spent the day repairing residual damage to my trees for this winters ice storm. Gave a good workout to my arms and shoulders with a 16' pruning saw. Still more to do but I removed a lot of the hanging branches. Still need to go up on my roof and take care of several branches that are over hanging it and have broken branches lying on top on them. Last winter just keeps on giving. At my age, I'm wondering if I will be able to lift my arms tomorrow and how many days it will be before I'm ready to go at it again. lol

Oh yeah... you're the 'old man' that posters keep taking about!

< Just figured that out.

Cutting down branches is a "lot better" exercise than toilet squatting!

I'll bet one of the old ladies' was watching you from a nearby window...

... thinking, "What an Oak Tree that strong man is!"

Pick some apples, put them in a basket... and knock on a door.

OK, I'm not talking about JB, now.  I know some old ladies though, JB!

If I didn't have the rest of the paragraph for context, I might be led to believe that you were describing some other situation there, Mr. Burns.  I hear lots of things go with old age...  :D

Archived