• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May 2014 Observations

Think we need to get used to this weather. This will be a very dry and hot summer I'm afraid. The years 1993,1999, and 2007 all look like good matches for how this summer works out.

I've been assured several times already that there is a moderate , atleast, El Niño developing, so summer can't and won't be hot and dry! I'm starting to doubt that very seriously ! 7-10 days of 90s in a row, followed by 2 days of hit and miss afternoon storms , is gonna be hot and dry summer. This pattern seems locked in. Backdoor fronts every week or so, a day or two of below or normal temps, then a week of above normal temps, rinse repeat

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been assured several times already that there is a moderate , atleast, El Niño developing, so summer can't and won't be hot and dry! I'm starting to doubt that very seriously ! 7-10 days of 90s in a row, followed by 2 days of hit and miss afternoon storms , is gonna be hot and dry summer. This pattern seems locked in. Backdoor fronts every week or so, a day or two of below or normal temps, then a week of above normal temps, rinse repeat

"The trend is your friend."

In our cases - the evidence weighs against.  

The 'dry line' is off the mountains into the bottom of the lee.

Moisture reforms in central Carolinas again.

You must not live in downtown Waycross , because that first cell was right over Waycross proper! 71 and dry

Downtown Waycross of only got 0.19 on weather.com. If the storm was 1.4 miles further S, we would have received 1-3 inches. I used radarscope for the 1.4 miles.

Archived