SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Heavy rain discussion and obs, end of April/beginning of May 2014

famartin

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have a rain gauge, but it's been ridiculous today in the Spring Mount, PA area.  There is a lake in my backyard the likes of which I have not seen in my 12 years living here.  My wife has been trying to get home from the Harleysville area for the past 75 minutes (normally a 15 to maybe 20 minute drive) and the road/creek flooding has detoured her at least 6 times.

I don't have a rain gauge, but it's been ridiculous today in the Spring Mount, PA area.  There is a lake in my backyard the likes of which I have not seen in my 12 years living here.  My wife has been trying to get home from the Harleysville area for the past 75 minutes (normally a 15 to maybe 20 minute drive) and the road/creek flooding has detoured her at least 6 times.

Shades of floyd and april 2007, especially if the last part hits us with 2" more

That accumulated rainfall map is extremely accurate. I have (as I type) 2.25" in the gauge for the event.

Same here, about 5" so far, lots of small stream flooding. Hearing thunder out to the west right now. Temp is rising slowly, up to 53F.

Pretty healthy looking radar returns to the west and southwest.

Archived