Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Vendor forecast thread

famartin

from JB this evening on Joaquin,

He said he  finds himself allied with modeling that he has always thought inferior..

To quote him

"So why not change. Well for one the way hurricanes hit the US, and this is why I have been so adamant about saying this season is over, is, in essence, the way the pattern is. Digging trough catches storm with major positive anomalies over northeast Canada into the Altantic. In fact, if ALL MODELING WERE OUT TO SEA, AND THE EURO WERE WEST, I would most certainly be on the side of the Euro. The other thing is the ECWMF sometimes has problems near the east coast. It seems to make sure the digging trough and the hurricane stay separate. At 48 hours it looks like its going to get caught"

Unreal. 5 days out and you are all calling victories. Smh

Sent from my iPhone

Dont lump me into any group declaring victory...please. I have done nothing of the sort.

My question was somewhat serious, somewhat tongue-in-cheek. I realize there are still several scenarios on the table but was wondering if there really is some sort of overwhelming support for DTs ots forecast.

Gov Christy declaring state of emergency while DT posting all over FB and twitter for mostly sunny from DC to BOS. You just cant make this stuff up.

Sent from my LG-V410

He declared a state of emergency in preparation for the Pope (who was not setting foot in NJ).  lol

Although in all seriousness, that low that was south of here off the coast spinning for days plus the cold front and stuff about to run up the front, has been tearing up the beaches (none of that due to Joaquin). It's just sad.

from JB this evening on Joaquin,

He said he  finds himself allied with modeling that he has always thought inferior..

To quote him

"So why not change. Well for one the way hurricanes hit the US, and this is why I have been so adamant about saying this season is over, is, in essence, the way the pattern is. Digging trough catches storm with major positive anomalies over northeast Canada into the Altantic. In fact, if ALL MODELING WERE OUT TO SEA, AND THE EURO WERE WEST, I would most certainly be on the side of the Euro. The other thing is the ECWMF sometimes has problems near the east coast. It seems to make sure the digging trough and the hurricane stay separate. At 48 hours it looks like its going to get caught"

:lmao:

Was away all day today....but it looks like the Weather Bell folks changed their forecast (officially) at 5am this morning.....now the latest tweet from JB  "For a hurricane that's not likely to pass within 400 miles of the US this weekend there is certainly a heck of a lot of hype out there"......things that make you go hmmm!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

JB update from this AM.....sees a cold start to December and then a warmer month but sees a SW to NE snow event during that timeframe. Then a warmer (he says it will have to be after the cold start) to get to the WB forecast. He calls up a 1986-87 winter analog that matches the heart of winter as he sees it. There really seems to be strong agreement among most vendors with how they see the winter playing out. Now will any of them be right......

• 4 weeks later...