Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Medium/Long Range thread

famartin

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why Yuck lol...it's literally the beginning of NOV. We haven't even hit winter time yet. The cold is GREAT to be here, I don't care if we dont get any precip. Lets get some record temps. 

You must have loved last winters post Prez day to early Aprils bitter cold near snow free streak.

If this happens it sure looks like yet another brief period of warmth in the proverbial island of cold....kind of been the persistent pattern for more than the last year

If the teleconnections are to be believed, a period of normal to above normal temps are coming Thanksgiving through early December.

If this happens it sure looks like yet another brief period of warmth in the proverbial island of cold....kind of been the persistent pattern for more than the last year

For the overwhelming majority of people in the region that don't live in a rural location at 800', DEC 2013, APR 2014, May 2014, JUN 2014, Sept 2014 & OCT 2014 averaged above normal so it's 50/50 over the past year. To take it a step further if a 3 week above average pattern does begin this weekend then one could actually say since SEPT this is an island of cold in a sea of warmth.

For the overwhelming majority of people in the region that don't live in a rural location at 800', DEC 2013, APR 2014, May 2014, JUN 2014, Sept 2014 & OCT 2014 averaged above normal so it's 50/50 over the past year. To take it a step further if a 3 week above average pattern does begin this weekend then one could actually say since SEPT this is an island of cold in a sea of warmth.

I wish this board had a button where we could like individual posts.

This setup feels out to sea. Giving this one 24 more hours to look believable

Agreed. I could actually see coastal areas picking up a few hours of light (wet) snow as the LP pulls out of the area. The odds are certainly against accumulating snow for the I-95 corridor. Definitely a thread the needle situation so I doubt we will get some clarity on the system for at least another day or two.

Weatherbell been on this for last 3 days - they anticipated the westward jog and they feel it is not quite done with the westward shift....going to be an interesting travel period.

Agreed. I could actually see coastal areas picking up a few hours of light (wet) snow as the LP pulls out of the area. The odds are certainly against accumulating snow for the I-95 corridor. Definitely a thread the needle situation so I doubt we will get some clarity on the system for at least another day or two.

I willl be down in Philly area as of Tuesday night.

Last Thanksgiving storm I recall with snow around the late 80's.

Not sure on the year, but we got around 4 inches down around rt 926 & rt 100 area the chadds ford, west chester area where I lived as a youngster. Hoping the magic works this time.

Best

Even a little snow for Thanksgiving would be nice. Bigger storm a bonus.

WEDNESDAY...A COASTAL STORM IS LIKELY. THE OPERATIONAL ECMWF IS

PRETTY STABLE THESE PAST TWO CYCLES AND HAS BEEN CONSISTENTLY

FURTHEST WEST WITH THIS OPPORTUNITY FOR PCPN THE PAST SEVERAL

DAYS. THE 12Z GFS HAS MOVED WEST WITH THE TRACK. NO LOCK ON THE

TRACK SINCE SHORT WAVE INTERACTIONS SHOW VARIABILITY IN THE

ENSEMBLES. STILL...IT LOOKS AS IF THE BOUNDARY LAYER TEMP IS GOING

TO GOVERN WHERE ITS MOSTLY SNOW. DAYTIME TEMPS 5 TO 10 DEGREES

BELOW NORMAL.

ADVISE ALL WITH TRAVEL PLANS WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON AND NIGHT IN OUR

FORECAST AREA TO CLOSELY MONITOR FUTURE FORECASTS. THIS COULD BECOME

A SNOW STORM FOR PORTIONS OF OUR FORECAST AREA WITH PLOWABLE SNOW

AND NEAR FREEZING TEMPERATURES....ESPECIALLY THE INTERSTATE 95 CORRIDOR.

THAT WOULD MEAN A SIGNIFICANT IMPACT DUE TO HOLIDAY TRAVEL AND ONE

OF THE BUSIEST AIR TRAVEL DAYS OF THE YEAR.

IF THIS FORECAST REMAINS SIMILAR SUNDAY...BRIEFING PACKAGES WOULD

BEGIN SUNDAY AFTERNOON AROUND 330 PM.

Great AFD

Archived