• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Medium/Long Range thread

famartin

This weekend is sneaking up as more favorable getting the low up the coast. 12z models were closer. If it ejects to fast across south it goes out to sea, to slow and. It comes up coast and then get shoved east. Monday Tuesday chance next week as well.

Like most times this year there isn't enough blocking from the NAO to turn these storms up the coast. The only reason I'm interested is that last year minor dips in the teleconnections caused some decent storms.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pattern setting up in about 8-14 days is just sick! Huge -epo, +pna, -ao, -nao (based off of eps and support from GFS ens).

Might we finally be entering a period of stormy and cold weather?

It's KU time!

Long range models may not have nailed every teleconnection but had this period nailed for active weather (22-28)

Looks like a GL cutter.

I doubt it would cut positively tilted trough with and open low and lots of confluence to the north,  but I am just pointing out the potential for something large during this time frame is present.  GFS has been honking this period as well and showing the system passing to our south.  Point is there is a lot of potential there.  

Archived