Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Heavy Rain/Thunderstorms 4/15-4/16

IsentropicLift

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Flood Advisory

FLOOD ADVISORYNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ1258 PM EDT TUE APR 15 2014NJC019-027-035-037-041-152100-/O.NEW.KPHI.FA.Y.0254.140415T1658Z-140415T2100Z//00000.N.ER.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.OO/WARREN NJ-HUNTERDON NJ-MORRIS NJ-SOMERSET NJ-SUSSEX NJ-1258 PM EDT TUE APR 15 2014THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY NJ HAS ISSUED A* FLOOD ADVISORY FOR...  EASTERN WARREN COUNTY IN NORTHWEST NEW JERSEY...  NORTHEASTERN HUNTERDON COUNTY IN NORTHWEST NEW JERSEY...  MORRIS COUNTY IN NORTHERN NEW JERSEY...  NORTHERN SOMERSET COUNTY IN NORTHERN NEW JERSEY...  SUSSEX COUNTY IN NORTHWEST NEW JERSEY...* UNTIL 500 PM EDT* AT 1257 PM EDT...MODERATE TO HEAVY RAIN SHOWERS, PRODUCING ABOUT AHALF INCH TO AN INCH PER HOUR, WERE MOVING THROUGH PORTIONS OF THEADVISED AREA.EXCESSIVE RUNOFF ASSOCIATED WITH THIS RAINFALL WILL CAUSE MINORFLOODING OF HIGHWAYS, STREETS, AND OTHER POOR DRAINAGE AREAS AND LOWLYING SPOTS. UNDERPASSES PRONE TO FLOODING COULD ALSO BE AFFECTED.PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...DO NOT DRIVE YOUR VEHICLE INTO AREAS WHERE THE WATER COVERS THEROADWAY. THE WATER DEPTH MAY BE TOO GREAT TO ALLOW YOUR CAR TO CROSSSAFELY. MOVE TO HIGHER GROUND.

The line wussed out down here..just some light rain

I am now beginning to think that most east of I-95 will miss out on anything all that notable (will get some rain but it won't be earth shattering imho) from the rain part of the storm. We may need to change the name of this thread to 4/15-4/16 snow storm since that is starting to look like it'll be the biggest story lol:

SN_000-048_0000.gif

I am now beginning to think that most east of I-95 will miss out on anything all that notable (will get some rain but it won't be earth shattering imho) from the rain part of the storm. We may need to change the name of this thread to 4/15-4/16 snow storm since that is starting to look like it'll be the biggest story lol:

SN_000-048_0000.gif

Yeah all the heavy stuff is to our west and mostly moving NNE at the moment

34.3 degrees here.  Grass that was getting greener now covered in snow.  Has been snowing for the last hour.  Wet snow but snow still.  Poor daffodils are bending over and forsythia is covered in a light dusting of snow.  This is crazy!  When was the last time it snowed this late?  

Archived